21 - Love that Starts from Friendship

For the second time, I had brought Director Jovan to my own room after he passed-out drunk. Things were a bit different then, because he didn't utter any word in his sleep. Instead, Director Jovan shed tears.

My face felt so hot that night. I knew that he was so drunk that night that's why he did what he did, but I couldn't help but feel really embarrassed about it. I couldn't sleep at all because of that. It made me feel really weird for some reason, but what's more surprising was the fact that I didn't really hate it.

It was really hard to look at Director Jovan's face after what happened at The Black Bull. I couldn't be in the same room with him without feeling embarrassed. In the end, I spent all night watching the movies that he made. He's really talented. I finally understood why he was chosen for the new project. If he's the director, for sure, the film would come out great.

From all the films that he made, there's one that made a mark in my heart. It was not mainstream film, but a film he made as his graduation project. I managed to find it online, and it felt really personal, really heartwarming, and really sad.

It was a film about a man fighting so hard to hold on to his love, a dying woman on life support, but in the end he was finally able to let her go. I can't help but feel that he made that film for Emily. Maybe deep inside his heart was trying to find the strength and courage to let her go. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

"You're up early again." Brent said as he came out of his room.

"Well..."

"Don't work too hard, and get some proper sleep, Kyle," He said as he walked towards the bathroom.

I looked at the door of my room worriedly. This is dangerous, if Brent finds out that Director Jovan was sleeping in my room, he would not let it go that easily.

"Mmm... isn't this your Mom's hangover soup? Why did you cook it?" Brent asked when he was having his breakfast.

"Ahhh... that..." I stammered a bit. I can't say that it was for me, because Brent knows too well that I don't like drinking alcohol. "That's for Perry. Right, I cooked for that for Perry," I lied.

"I see," Brent finished his breakfast and left. Thank goodness he's busy this week.

It was only a few minutes later when Director Jovan woke up. The door of my room opened and I saw him walk out. "I ended up here again..." He sighed. He looked a bit groggy. The first thing I saw was his face, his eyes, nose, and then lips...

Instantly, my cheeks felt hot and I turned away. I still couldn't look at him without feeling really embarrassed. "You're awake..." I said then stood up. "I made hangover soup, I'll heat it up."

Director Jovan followed me in the kitchen. "Ummm, Kyle..."

He suddenly called my name and it made my heart skip a beat. Honestly, I was really surprised, that he remembers my name. It was the first time he called my name, and it made me really happy for some reason.

"Yes...?" I replied without looking back at him.

"Thank you, for letting me sleep here again," he said. I was surprised again. He sounded really thankful, but what's more surprising was the fact that he wasn't angry.

"Ehhh... that's a surprise, you're not angry that I brought you here..." I said as I placed a bowl of hot soup on the table. "It's hot, so eat slowly."

"Thank you," he said as he sat down. Again with the thanks. It was starting to make me really nervous. Why was he so obedient all of a sudden? "Honestly..." He hesitated. "Ummm, did I do something last night?" He asked.