Fifteenth - Getting Lost, even with Love

I was still in a daze during dinner. I couldn't speak or even eat. Nico and I officially became a couple. We're boyfriends. It felt weird saying that, but at the same time, I couldn't stop smiling every time I would think about finally becoming Nico's boyfriend.

"Are you in love?" Mom suddenly asked.

I choked and started coughing. "Mom!" I complained after drinking a glass of water.

"Well, are you?" She asked.

"What made you think that?"

"Ohh, Drew, I've been a teenager before too, you know. You can't eat, you're in daze, and probably, you won't be able to sleep tonight as well. Besides, I'm your mother, do you really think I wouldn't know what's going on about you?" My Mom said in a loving tone with a little smile.

"I'm not really in love..." I lied. If I admit that I am in fact in love, then Mom would ask me who I am in love with, and I'm afraid that she would find out that I am in love with Nico. I was more afraid that she would find out that Nico was already my boyfriend, and that she wouldn't approve of it, and that she would tell us to break up.

"Fine... if you're too shy to talk about it, then I won't push you. If you need any advice about girls, I can always help you, Drew," she said and then chuckled.

I sighed.

I'm sorry, Mom, but it's a boy that I'm in love with, not a girl.

A boy just like me.

A boy that you've already met.

I'm sorry, Mom, but I'm in love with Nico.

Dinner was finally over, I went up in my room and laid down on my bed. Mom was spot on, I couldn't sleep. I just laid there, looking at the ceiling. I kept on replaying in my head the scene where Nico asked me to be his boyfriend, and each time, I would still feel that excitement I felt when it actually happened.

My phone suddenly rang and I almost jumped out of the bed in surprise. My heart skipped when I saw Nico's name on the screen.

"Hey..." I said shyly.

"Hey," Nico replied with much more enthusiasm.

"You called..."

"Well, I just wanted to hear my boyfriend's voice before I sleep," Nico said. Those words sent me into frenzy. My cheeks burned and my heart raced. If Nico could see my face, I'm sure he wouldn't stop teasing me about it.

"How cheesy..." I said, hiding my excitement.

"Come on..." Nico said. "I know you like it..."

I chuckled. "Well, I do..." I admitted and Nico chuckled as well.

"Hey, don't make any plans tomorrow, alright. I have a surprise for you after school," Nico said excitedly.

"Really? What kind of surprise?" I asked excitedly.

"I'm not going to ruin the surprise, just look forward to it," Nico said.

"You're not going to go overboard, are you?" I was worried that Nico might do something over the top, and I just don't want that. I mean, I'm not used to lavish things, and I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

"Well..."

"Nico..." I complained.

"Just this once, okay? I just want to do something extra special for my boyfriend." That word electrified me all over again.

"Fine, just this once," I said.

"We better sleep now, I don't want you to feel tired tomorrow," Nico said. "Good night, Drew. Sweet dreams."