28 - Don't Ever Think of Escaping Love

I wasn't supposed to kiss him, but as I feel my skin burn with his touch, and as I looked at him and met his pleading eyes, I suddenly felt this urge to do so. It was an unthinkable, and yet undeniable urge. An urge that was too strong for me to deny.

I moved my hands towards his face and then held his cheeks gently on my hands. As I look at Nico's surprise expression, I knew there was no turning back for me, so I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his own.

His lips were so soft, so luscious, and I tasted the sweetest honey that anyone could ever taste in their entire life when our lips were touching. In that moment, I let myself lose to temptation; very quickly, very easily. And because of that moment's weakness, I've made a mistake; possibly the greatest mistake in my entire life.

When I looked at Nico's face at that moment, something inside of me snapped. Suddenly I couldn't resist. He was handsome - exceptionally -, his eyes were blue - like the beautiful sky -, and his lips... his lips were simply irresistible.

So before he could say anything, I moved closer, I took the chance. I took advantage.

I kissed him.

I kissed him gently.

I kissed him softly.

I kissed him.

I kissed him and then moved back away.

When we both realized what was happening, we were both surprised.

Nico was surprised by my sudden action.

I was surprised by what I did.

Nico loosened his grip on my arm.

I let go of his face.

I moved away from him, turned around, and started running away.

I wasn't supposed to kiss him.

But I did.

I wasn't supposed to feel that way.

But I did.

I was starting to fall in love with him.

In that moment's weakness, in that very short moment that I had laid my eyes on him, in that quick moment that I took advantage of the situation and stole a kiss, and in that moment, I realized that I've already fallen in love with him.

I was starting to fall in love with a friend, a man, that just few weeks ago, I never thought existed.

I'm falling in love with a man...

A man like me...

When you fall in love, there are three emotions that you could feel. It's either joy, pain, or both at the same time. For me it was the last. I feel happy to fall in love with someone as wonderful as he is, but it also felt very painful, because I knew that he was still hanged up on Emily, and even though he said all those things about meeting and dating me, I knew that all of those were just something he said to keep up the pretension, the act that he started.

That was it. It was all pretending. There was no way that Nico would ever fall in love with me, not even like me. There was no way that a man like him would fall for me.

As I ran out of the hotel, it started raining. I hailed a cab and got inside. I told the driver my address and never looked back at the hotel. It was at that very moment that the pain grew stronger than the joy. It was then that my heart started aching really badly.

I couldn't do anything.

I couldn't think of anything.

The only thing I was capable of, at that moment, was to cry in silence.