Sixteenth - Those you Love, and those you once Love

"Drew, what's wrong?" Nico asked as he was driving towards our school. "You've been in a daze for quite a while now, and you look like you haven't got any sleep." He sounded very worried. "You know you could tell me everything, right?"

"You better pull over for this..." I sighed. "I don't know how you'll take it..."

Nico looked at me both curiously and worriedly. He pulled over and I told him everything that my Mom revealed to me. Nico was in the same state as I was last night, he was in a state of utter disbelief.

"Now you're the one in a daze..." I sighed.

"Sorry... I just... it's just..." Nico muttered.

"So unbelievable, impossible, crazy... I know, I feel the same. How do I accept something so farfetched? How can I disappear in the lake just like that and appear after a week without remembering anything? How come no one had any clue where I was? One week, Nico, I was gone one week. Many things could've happened in that one week."

"Calm down, Drew. I know you want to find out the truth, but panicking and being stressed over it wouldn't solve anything," Nico said as he held my hand.

"Nico..." I said in a very tired voice. "I don't know what to do anymore... What my Mom revealed is very hard to take in, but she's still hiding many secrets from me. Secrets involving me. If she's willing to reveal what happened four years ago just to stop me from asking questions about Joseph and that box..." I paused, sighed and squeezed his hand tightly. "I'm sure what she's still hiding is something even more unbelievable."

Nico leaned closer to me and then embraced me tightly. Through his embrace, I can feel his support, I felt stronger, and I felt more secure. "One step at a time, Drew, one step at a time," Nico muttered in a gentle tone.

The perfect boyfriend, that's how I'll describe Nico. He's caring, understanding, and very supportive. In fact, he's the one who pushed me to join the swim team, he said that it would help me take my mind of the incident four years ago and the secret surrounding Joseph and the box. Actually, it was not just the swim team that was taking my mind of the mysteries surrounding me at that time, Nico was a lot of help too. He would always come up with something to do, some activity that would not make me think about unwanted things, and it was working.

Being with Nico was distraction enough.

Whenever I am with him, all I could think about is him.

He would always, always, have my undivided attention.

There are times, though, that my mind would slip, and I would start to think about the mysteries, but then Nico would notice it, and as if he was reading my mind, he would take my mind off it. He would either make me laugh, tease me, or bring me somewhere amazing.

I did tell Brent what my Mom revealed to me. He was surprised as well. Brent apologized many times. "If I weren't on vacation back then, I would've known... I'm sorry, Kyle... I will make up for it, I promise. I will help you find out what really happened to you the week you were missing, I will help you find out where you went, and how you disappeared."

"Stop that, Brent. You don't anything to apologize for, in fact I'm really grateful for all the help you've given me," I told Brent. "Stop feeling guilty about it, okay? I'm fine, so don't worry too much." I added.

I heard Brent sigh over the phone. "If only I was there with you, then I could be a better support. I really wish that I was with you, Kyle, I really do," Brent said.

"I feel the same, Brent. I miss my bestfriend too, you know."

"I promise, if I get the chance, I'll visit you there. Then we can spend time together, like the old times."