Seventh - The Sweetest Trap Called Love

"Of course I like him, I mean he's nice and fun to be with, plus he lets me swim at their pool." I said, sounding a bit oblivious to what Perry really meant.

"That's not it." Perry said seriously. "Do you like him not as a friend, but..." Perry paused and looked at me. "You know what I mean, Kyle. So, do you?"

I looked back at Perry and our eyes met. We both fell silent and the room was filled with a slightly heavy air.

You're wrong Perry, I just don't like Nico, but I love him. I am in love with him.

I wanted to say that, but I was too much of a coward. "I do." That was my short reply.

"I see." Perry replied. "So are you...?" He asked hesitantly. The atmosphere in my room became a bit awkward. I know Perry was trying his best to be understanding, but I also know that it was not an easy thing to understand, well, not for all people.

I knew exactly what Perry was trying to ask. "No... I don't know... All I know is that I like Nico... I mean, I don't see any other boys attractive... it's just Nico..."

"So you really like him..." Perry sighed. "You realize that Nico is straight, don't you?"

"I know that. Besides, it's not like I have any plans on pursuing this impossible feeling." I sighed back. "To tell you the truth, I'm afraid that I feel this way, I am really afraid. I tried fighting it, you know, but I guess you can't fight such feelings that easily. It became even harder when Nico became my friend."

"Liking someone is never easy, Kyle. Trust me, I know..." Perry said.

"Mmm... is liking Claire really that difficult?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Well..." Perry replied and I grinned at him. "No, that's not what I mean!" Perry protested. "I don't like her, not at all." He denied even though he was flushing red.

I laughed, Perry laughed, and in that moment I realized that Perry is a true friend. Things never became awkward after that, nothing changed, Perry is still a good friend as always, there was never a moment where I felt that Perry was treating me differently. If there's one thing that changed though, it was that the feeling in my heart became a lot lighter. Sharing your secrets, telling it to your friends really does make someone feel a lot better.

The Bellard's company, Grand Bell Conglomerate, would celebrate their anniversary in three days, and I was starting to have doubts about attending it. I feel like I would stick out like a sore thumb in that party.

"Nico..." I called Nico as our Calculus teacher was busy writing on the board. "About the party this weekend..." I said hesitantly. Telling Nico I was having doubts was not easy at all, he did trouble himself for inviting me, practically a stranger to him. I feel bad for turning him down.

"What about it?" Nico asked as he looked at me.

"I don't think I can come..." I said and then instantly felt guilty after seeing Nico's confused expression.

"Ehhh...? Why not?" Nico looked so disappointed, I don't know how to tell him my petty reason.

"I don't have anything to wear." I said, not being able to think of any good reason. Why did I say that? There's many reasons that I can give, so does it have to be that? That sounds even pettier than my real reason. Ahh, really...

Nico stared at me and then smirked. "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it." He said. "Come to my place later." He said with a little smile.

I'm such an idiot. I should've thought of some more complicated reason. The more I think about of being amongst those rich people, the more nervous I get.