Twelfth - There is Love, then there is Mystery

"What's wrong with you?" Nico asked as we were on our way to my house.

"What do you mean what's wrong with me? Nothing's wrong with me. Why do you think that's something's wrong with me?" I replied nervously.

"Yeah, nothing is wrong." Nico said sarcastically. "Come on, you can tell me anything, after all, we're dating now." He added as he looked at me.

No way. There's no way I could tell him that I was acting weird because I was nervous that he might be up to something tonight. It's not like I can easily ask him if he's planning to do something to me tonight. "Don't worry, it's really nothing." I lied and smiled.

Nico sighed. "If you say so." I could clearly see in his expression that he was quite disappointed, I would not feign ignorance, I knew exactly why.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, Nico, it's just that it's so trivial that it's not worth talking about. I was just thinking about something so childish, it's really nothing to fuss about." I explained.

"Really?" Nico asked.

"Really." I replied.

"I just want you to feel like you can tell me everything, I want you to feel that I'll always be by your side, listening to you, supporting you, helping you." Nico explained.

We watched TV for a while as we wait for my Mom to come home. She looked happy to see Nico visit. The three of us ate dinner together, and frankly, I like the feeling of having a meal with the two people I love the most.

My heart almost exploded when Nico and I finally went up to my room. "Dinner was really great." Nico said. "Your Mom's cooking is to die for." He said cheerfully as he sat on the edge of my bed.

I went to my study table and logged-on to my laptop. I never sleep without typing a few sentences first, it was a way for me to calm down, to relieve myself from the stressful day. "She'll be really happy to know that." I replied.

"So, what are you doing?" Nico asked as he suddenly appeared on my side. He leaned closer and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Homework." I lied and closed the word file. I'm not really comfortable showing anyone my works until they're done. Well, I'm really close to finishing it, so I would have a chance to show it to Nico soon.

"Ehhh... how hardworking..." Nico mused. "Hey... I'm bored..." He said in a childish way, his head was still resting on my shoulder. "Let's do something fun..." Nico suggested cheerfully.

My heart skipped when I heard Nico say that. What kind of fun is he talking about? This is bad, I'm starting to have impure thoughts, because of Nico. I'm really starting to become a pervert.

"You can watch TV, I'm going to finish something first." I said nervously.

"I'm tired of watching TV." Nico complained.

"Then read a book."

"I've read hundreds of books already."

"Then... HEY!" I was surprised when I suddenly felt Nico bit my ear lobe. I looked at him while holding my ear that he just bit. It wasn't really painful, instead it kind of felt good. I blushed, and my face was red all over.

Nico burst out laughter when he saw my face. "How cute..." He sat down on the bed. "Your embarrassed reaction is really the best."

"Hey!" I complained and then looked away. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down before looking back at him. "What was that for?"

"Because..." Nico said in a childish tone. "You weren't even paying attention to me." He complained.

I sighed. I felt guilty for trying to avoid him just because I was nervous that he might take away my innocence. I was also guilty that I was doubting Nico. He's not that kind of guy, he would never force me. "I'm sorry." I said as I sat beside him. "I was just nervous, because this is the first time that someone I like would be sleeping over." I explained.