CHAPTER 13

The best part about prison was sometimes you heard shit on accident. I picked my coffee cup back up and sipped it slowly, looked thinking of a master plan as the warm liquid slid down my throat. I had my ear pressed to the vent hoping I would hear another fight that night, but instead what I heard seemed to me like a pact made against Gabe. My roommate was sound asleep and that was a good thing since he was Gabe's boy and his muscle. I rubbed my chin thinking about how this shit could play out for me. I wanted Gabe dead but I also wanted to get paid for my silence. One thing I learned when when I got here was Gabe's crew was thicker than ANYONE realized. He had guards on his team and all of that. His power was indestructible but he bled like anyone else and these two next door were very adamant on proving that. I had a different type of hate for him though. I had learned my lesson on borrowing things in prison. I had just transferred from another unit so my money hadn't caught up to my books yet. I was in need of all of my hygiene supplies and Gabe gave them to me on credit telling me when my money came just to give it back. Here I was a year and a half later still paying him and his muscle every time I made store. Gabe always wanted food and stamps and his muscle always wanted my ass. Yea I became his bitch I went from a hood nigga to a punk junky. I did my make upon the weekdays and twisted harder than a Aunt Annie's pretzel but when my wife visited I was clean shaved with a thug posture. I kissed her with the same lips I would use to suck his dick. They turned me into a person I would always talk about. I would see punks and feel disgusted by their existence. Only to make sure my make up made me "that bitch" over all the fags on the unit. No one would dare say anything to anyone's family during visitation because we all had our skeletons. Most of us fucked each other openly while others did their thing in private, but they still did their thing never to be discussed in front of another mans relatives. I hated this shit, hated what I'd become. My wife sent me money all the time just for me to cook for another man. If Gabe was gone all of this would end. It was not only his power it was his money ties. He had security guards risking their jobs just to bring in contraband. Drugs, electronic devices you name it Gabe would deliver. After his case made world news he accumulated fans from all around the world. Disgusting perverted individuals who sent money came to visit and some even started biographies and documentaries on this filthy piece of shit. He was a celebrity and people feared him more than respected him. "Come get yo ass in the bed Pat." I turned around startled by his deep baritone voice. I wanted to say no but had to say yes. There was no getting out of a prison relationship that easy. You started as someone's bitch you did your time as their bitch, or you had to fight your way out. Considering I was almost 200 pounds lighter than Bone that was not an option for me. As I lay in his arms I thought of the embarrassment I would be filled with if my wife ever saw us. To her and my kids I was powerful Pat but in here I was Pat the punk. That was who I was until I saw parole or until "my man" got rid of me. He slid my underwear down and I could feel him pull his dick out behind me. I was tired of this shit, he had to go and Gabe did too.