CHAPTER 8

I broke everything down to Queso from Gabe taking my mom at the age of 6 to getting her pregnant at the age of 16. He was disgusted so I knew I had his genuine trust and support. He walked back and forth telling me how much he hated pedophiles. He confided in me about his uncle who had molested his daughter which resulted in him taking shit into his own hands and getting a 65 year sentence. "Listen wey I knew something wasn't right about that mother fucker but whatever you need me to do vato I'm down for sure, I still think it's sick you let Nicky stick his carne in your taco vato. You really got it out for this mother fucker huh wey?" I did, I needed shit to go like I wanted it to go and I was determined to make shit happen. "I preciate it Queso real talk Ima get that motha fucka and I mean that." I had a full proof plan and he was going to help me put shit into motion. "CHOWWWWWWW ROLLLLLINNNNN." Everyone in the dorm dropped what they were doing and ran towards the door eager to get out like there was a fire on their tails. I told Queso I wanted him to straggle behind the pack so he could stay and look some things over for me. I had to know 2 things about Gabe that would help me execute my plan more affectively. One I wanted to know who all he had on his visitation list. Rumor had it a woman and child came to regularly visit him. I wanted to know who, I wanted to know how this woman and her child were better than me and my mom. I also wanted to know did my Grammy actually help him kidnap my mom. I'd found old letters from Gabe and her in the basement. From my understanding it was never meant to happen the way it did. My mom was an insurance plan, the cleverly devised plan was put together as blackmail. If it weren't for my Grandpapie suggesting a getaway that weekend then he wouldn't have saw Gabe. I wouldn't have been raised by my grandparents and the truth would have never come out. My Grammy was desperate, she only wanted Gabe to take my mom for 2 weeks just so my Grandpapie would show her some attention. She knew how much my Grandpapie loved my mom and knew her disappearance would draw them closer, and it did. My Grandpapie felt bad for Grammy so he would stay long nights with her hoping that my mom would turn up. Those feelings soon came back, my Grandppie rededicated himself to my Grammy not once concerned about her daughters wellbeing. But when she finally told Gabe to just leave my mom at a nearby Walmart it was too late, he'd fallen in love. He told my Grammy if she told he'd show them all the text messages and bank transactions amongst them that would prove my Grammy's participation in the crime. By then though she was too scared, she was an accomplice not only to kidnapping but tampering with evidence. When I confronted my Grammy about the letters she denied them telling me and Grandppie Gabe was obsessed with her. I was beyond hurt, angry and lost. She kept telling me and Grandppie it was a lie, then continuously apologized for her wrongs. I couldn't take it, my mom was innocent in the entire situation and she'd suffered. Last thing I remembered before the cops came was my Grandppie looking at me and saying "Forgive yourself for your faults, your mistakes and move on." Grammy's blood stained my shirt but I had no regrets and no remorse when I hit her for the 50th time with the hammer. Grandppie was too late, when he finally managed to get his fragile body down those stairs that night she was already dead. When I saw the look on his face scared, frightened I assured him that me, him and mama were the victims of deception. He sat with me, cried for me and prayed with me before he called the police. I had no ill feelings for my Grandppie at all, he taught me more in that short period of time than Gabe could have in a lifetime. He came to visit me even pleaded with the jury on my behalf to look at the damage both parties had done to me and my mom. It worked too, they had only given me 10 years for Grammy's death. I was a year shy of parole and I would make it, as long as my plan fell through like I wanted it I'd be home next year with my Grandppie. All I needed was for Queso to bring me that information and I could really put my own plan into affect. Queso was a good guy, too bad I was going to have to stage his suicide. If he couldn't breath he couldn't talk.