Chapter 14

I was the only one sitting in the dayroom sipping on a cup of coffee and watching the daily game shows when this slim dude walked up sitting down next to me crossing his legs like a woman. I had no problem with the gays but what I did have an issue with was the way he kept looking at me trying to get my attention. I started to stand up when he finally said, "K.B. can I talk to you about something you may be interested in?" Annoyed I scanned the room he was someones bitch and the first rule was not to talk to someone else's bitch. He noticed my cautious scanning of the room then he said, "Don't worry Z won't be waking up for another two hours, he's out like a light honey." I chose to go with my gut as I walked away only to be stopped in my tracks by his cocky words."Ok , but I thought you should know if I heard you through those vents last night there's no telling who else did." Fuck how had we slipped like that, here I was trying to figure out my next move because we were careless with a conversation that could get us both killed. I slowly turned expecting this butt boy to be smirking afer all he was fucking Gabe's muscle. Intead what I saw was fear and desperation plastered all over his gay little face. "Look I don't want any prblems with you, I want him dead as bad as you do. I'm not like this by choice, I'm like this by fear. Every weekend I'm left looking across the table at my wife hoping no one tells her what's going on in here with me. All I'm saying is I will do anything to help. Z doesn't tell me much but I'm always in ear shot when him and Gabe talk." I looked at him weighing my options not wanting to make a final decision without consulting Yak first. He looked pathetic enough to kill Gabe for me but that didn't mean I still wanted his ass in my face all the time bringing me back shit he'd heard. I knew for a fact though he would not be willing to get his hands dirty. I knew he was only wanting to speed things up and be in the mix because he was tired of getting his shit pushed back in him. "Look man to be honest I don't care what you heard or didn't hear you can't tell Gabe shit about me he don't already know. Your'e honestly not useful to me, you just want to feel accepted and low key protected cause you tired of homie stuffing his bullets in your chamber and unloading into yo' stomach." I was not about to let no punk feel like I had to be on his pay roll. He'd only heard us talking about wanting to kill Gabe, not the fact that we were brothers nor did he have knowledge of Gabe was indeed Yak's father. But as he still stood there trying to say whatever it took to make me agree or feel obligated to a pact with him fear rose up in my stomach. What if he did go back and tell Gabe what he'd heard me and Yak talking about? That would blow Yak's cover. "Ok look I can use you but I want you to be the one who kills Gabe." His face said hell naw but his lips said ok I'll do it. I was shocked, I'd gone over this plan up until last night when I decided I could not get caught up for killing this bastard. I wanted him dead but I didn't want it coming back on me. I was going to get free and buy Yak a lawyer that would get him off too. "After I kill Gabe I want you to help me stage Z's suicide. All the guards know him and Gabe are tight so that shit will not seem like foul play at all when he find him." This plotting on Gabe shit was starting to get sloppy I was worried about one motha fuckas death not no scared punks man. But fuck it if he killed Gabe the least I could do was help him put Z's neck through a noose. "Check it tonight is movie night in the yard, Gabe will most likely have to go to the bathroom as long as he sees me there he won't have any suspicions. If he does spot you or overpower you on your own, if any of this leaks then I will be sure to kill you my damn self." He was taking in all of the information making sure he had everything right. He looked at me and nodded not second guessing none of the conversation then he said, "If I do die please just let my wife know I did this for my pride and dignity." He walked off passing me as I caught the ending of a church commercial. "God be with him." I prayed that he would kill Gabe, prayed that Gabe would suffer and prayed that I would finally be able to sleep at night knowing he was dead.