CHAPTER 3

Have you ever had a dream where you could see someone sitting next to you. You were begging them to wake you up and get you out of your nightmare. But when you woke up and asked them why didn't you save me they would tell you you never asked me to. That was my reality my dad was only a couple of feet away from me and he couldn't save me because I didn't ask him to. I was too afraid of Gabe and the consequences that would come with me having a big mouth. Gabe paced back and forth for over an hour talking to himself. "Does he know....... Why is he here........ there's no coincidences they must be on to me." After the first 30 minutes Bug started to get scared but it's like Gabe was in a totally different world. It's like he didn't even realize we were in the room with him. Until he stopped looked at us and said, "We're leaving." I repacked everything I'd just unpacked. Bug cries because he wanted to go swimming, Gabe still talked to his self and I thought of a plan that could finally set us free.

Bug
Her told me to walk the other way and when I found someone give them the letter. I was a big boy and I was brave. Me and mama always talked about getting away from Mr. Daddy Gabe and today we were really going to try. We walked out of the door and I 'member mr. Daddy Gabe walking in front of us. We got on a elevator and it took us on the floor where we checked in. As soon as the doors opens I could see a lot of people but Mr. Daddy Gabe didn't let us off until he looked left then right. I 'member us walking towards the door really fast my legs burned so bad. Then when we made it to the door where all the cars were mama looked at me and mouthed I love you. That was my signal to run the other way. I ran as fast as I could my back pack weighing me down but I ran really fast. This man yelled, "Hey Gabe you leaving already." That's when I stopped and looked at my mama who was looking at Gabe who didn't notice I was a lot of feets away because the man startled him. Then he noticed me and that's when the man yelled, "Sweet." He ranned past me and towards my mama and Mr. Daddy Gabe. Mr. Daddy Gabe was not having it he snatched my mama by her collar realizing now I was gone as he unlocked the van doors and threw her in. The man was no match for a van as he ran towards it and stopped, crying because he couldn't catch it. That's when I walked up to him and handed him the letter my mama wrote in red crayon. At first he just thought I was some cute kid until he looked at me and started crying all over again. People say me and mama look a lot alike well Mr. Daddy Gabe does so I know the man saw it too. A lady who looked like mama ran up beside him asking him what had happened, why was he crying? When she looked at me she stumbled back and said, "No, no, I know." The man looked at her and said, "That son of a bitch has had our baby this whole time." Then he pointed at me who was looking up at them as the sun sat right on their backs. He held the letter out and read to the woman, "Hi my name is Bug. My mama has been missing for ten years and we need some help. She heard my grandpas voice and she knows he can help us. His name is Jabari Ward and he is in the hotel. Please call him when you read this." They cried and held me in between them for a long time. Then when they put me down my grandpa made a phone call. "Gabe I'm telling you now you sick son of a bitch I am going to hunt you down and make you suffer until I get tired. You acted like you wanted to help us, you played us and now I can only return the favor." He hung up the phone and looked at the lady and me then said, "Come on let's go call the police, they're not going to believe this shit."