CHAPTER 6

"Turn around squat and cough." I think I'd showed my dick to more men than women. Prison was a place for no one. They told me when I could eat, when I could shit and if I was caught masturbating I could catch a whole 'nother case. I'd done 3 years so far but I did every single day not worrying about making parole or making friends, I was on a mission. "Listen here boy I don't know what your used to, but I run every fuckin thing on this here unit." I'd just been transferred to Ventress correctional facility in Clayton, Alabama. I was a prison and this pale onion smelling son of a bitch was a guard. But I needed no protection nor did I need 24 hour surveillance. No matter how many people watched me every day they still wouldn't know my next move because my plans weren't on paper, they were in my head. This transfer was a part of my plan but to them I was miserable. I'd just rode over 10 hours from a trustee camp to my permanent residence in honky tonk town. It was all necessary because here they housed all types of murders and criminals from around the world. But I was here for one inmate in particular Gabe, the man who gave a man life who was about to take his. "You deaf boy I said come the fuck on." The guard pushed me forward while I held the state issued property in my hand. From sheets to socks everything I would need for my stay weighed no more than 40 pounds. We passed through the quietest place in any prison, death row. The eerie calmness of did not prepare me for the housing only feet away. We walked post a y'all steel door and was met by the loud thumps of rap music. Some men sat at tables playing cards or dominoes, others sat on them probably talking about how big they were in the free and the rest sat on benches yelling at the tv programs. I scoped the entire room without moving my head or eyes. "Oooh shit pretty bitch on the run." Light skin and long hair always made me a target on units but I shot dude a eye that said don't try that shit. "Ok boy this will be your new home and your roommate Diaz. Play nice." Diaz was your average looking Mexican. Tattoos covered every part of his face and bald head. "Make yourself comfortable essay, don't mind that pig I don't do no trippin as long as you don't trip me. They call me queso though potna 'cause I'm all about my cheese." I made my bed up as he talked making sure the sheets were tucked tightly and neatly. "I'm KB." He looked at me probably wanting me to say more but I wasn't a talker. K.B stood for kissing bug, mama had given me the name bug because she said I reminded her of a jewel beetle. She knew when I got older I would spread my wings and my beauty would show. But my wings were far from colorful I had the wings of a vulture. "Man you bout to head to the shower area? Be careful vato them boys will pounce on you just to test your cojones." I was going to wash my ass and no one was going to intimidate me otherwise. The water was warm but not hot. Every 30 seconds you had yo hit a button just for the water to come back on. It was an open area 15 shower heads lined a square room . At the moment I was the only person in there until a group of young white men came in, 5 to be exact. Swastikas riddled the middle of each of their foreheads. I could feel the stares as they all joked and laughed while looking at my bare ass. I turned of the water and turned to walk out when I was met by a fist to the middle of my face. "Oooh boys who wants first on this long haired lil bitch." I fought back, but that did not amount to the multiple blows from the ten balled up fists. "I been waiting on a red bitch and look what we got." My face was pressed up against the filthy shower wall as the the first penis penetrated my body. "Get the fuck off of him." My roommate, 2 other mexican guys and 3 older black men ran and began seriously beating on the skin head. I fell to the floor body in shock and screaming from the pain I'd just endured. I heard one of the older black guys say "Nicky you fuckin' racist ass bastard, I have told you before, you do not take away the only thing a man has in here to give, his dignity is more important than his life." He released the skinhead and they all backed out of the shower area slowly. He kneeled down to help me up and when our eyes met I knew he knew who I was. Here Gabe was, nothing had changed a bit except his muscle mass. "Get cleaned up kid and come see me down in D block, Queso knows where it's at." They all walked out while I washed the blood away from my body legs shaking as I stood. Before I completely got dressed to leave I stored Nicky's money in a drain towards the back of the shower.