Finally back (Chapter-Thirty-Five)

Cydey’s P.O.V

I’m on my way to pick up Demi at the airport, her flight’s meant to land like in 30 minutes but I really don’t want to be late. Even though I talked to her every day and there was gossip about us everywhere so I saw quite a lot of her, I still missed her, I didn’t get to kiss her or hug her in two whole weeks! And I’m really excited/nervous to see her again

I told my parents about her two days after the party. Of course, my dad was completely cool; he didn’t judged, he just smiled. But my mom… Let’s say she’s getting there. I was actually not expecting her reaction, after how nice she was to Jade at the party I thought that she might have changed, but apparently, she just got worse.

~flashback~

Okay Cydney, the time has arrived… I really didn’t think this through; just because my sister’s out and my parents are calmed I sort of assumed I wouldn’t have to come out. “Uuuhhmm…” I cleared my throat, “Actually, she’s more than a friend” I looked at my dad and gave him the look. He instantly got the sign and nodded smiling.

My mom saw our looks and got it too, “Oh, I see” She said with her British not-amused voice. “Like Cassidy then?” She looked away

“Yep” I popped the p.

“Are you sure this isn’t some rebound after Ryan?”

“I’m one hundred percent sure, mom” She looked down, “I was over Ryan before it even ended”

“He could have given you everything you need and more”

“Yeah, anything but happiness” I held her hand, “It’s been like five years since Cass came out. Why can’t you just accept her and now me”

“You need a masculine figure to lead your life, Cydney. And you had it. You had such a catch and you just threw it away”

“Actually we do have a masculine figure, and that is dad. We don’t need anything else”

“Cydney, please-”

“No mom! You haven’t even made an effort to get to know Jade after she’s been with Cass for almost three years now. Dad has, so why can’t you? Huh!!? You have no idea how beautiful their relationship is or how mine is. But why? Oh, right… your pride, it’s all about pride. Why would your daughters’ happiness matter, right?” I walked away pissed and hurt. Why can’t she get it?

“Cydney, come back here!” She came after me and grabbed my arm

“What?” I looked at her and she just looked away. Nice one mom, very nice. I kept on walking.

~End of flashback~

Like two days after the not-so-good coming out talk, she kind of apologized for what she said and told me she was trying really hard and that that was the reason why she was decent to Jade for once. So she invited all of us over to dinner, and by all of us I mean Cass, Jade, Demi and I and of course dad and Jamie. It’s been like seven months since I last went to my parents’ house, which is the house I grew up in, and Jamie still lives in, so I’m kind of excited to see how it’s changed and stuff.

Now I have to break the news to Demi, we have a family dinner tomorrow that she can’t miss it or I’ll pretty much kill her. She’s never met my parents or Jamie so she might get a little nervous, but it’s okay, they’ll love her.

Also, I have a new assistant. Her name is Samantha something; I can’t remember her last name. Anyway, she’s nice… and flirty. I’m positive that she knows about Demi but she doesn’t seem to care I guess. But whatever, I’m with Demi and only with Demi.