He frowns and opens his mouth to speak, but then someone calls him from behind us.

" Alpha." Evan.

I blink twice, shifting in his arms and telling him to put me down. I'm soon placed on my feet and I step back from him, letting him turn to face Evan.

"There's a call for you in your office."

" Who?"

A simple question yet so much meaning connected to it. He's letting me be present, while he discusses his business. He's put acknowledgement to my existence, my presence in front of another wolf, one of his trusted men.

Evan briefly glances my way, due to Mica blocking his view. I don't believe he even comprehends what he's just done.

" Alpha Ronan sir." My brother, what could he want?

"Show the lady the way back." Mica says, walking past Evan.

As Evan steps forward and is about to speak, he's called once more by the alpha.

" Use the back and do make sure that she's not bothered, she is our guest." The alpha adds, before walking off.

" Right this way miss." Evan says, walking past me and already leading the way.

I follow after him without a word.

I don't know how to feel about the alpha's words, the fact that he acknowledged me in front of his own, and called me a guest, instead of something else, is relieving. It'll decrease the amount of curious looks I've received today, though a part of me, had slightly wished for him to call me his mate.

It would have complicated things for him, I understand. He's still trying to figure things out, my presence alone has shaken his world and he doesn't want to make rash decisions. Another fact, is that he's torn between what fate had brought before him, and his strong denial of the mate bond.

He's been adamant for so long on overlooking having a mate, but now that I'm present, everything is not clear, where as for me, everything is.

I know where my destiny lies and what I should face ahead, if he were to accept me. I'm only here to be his helper, to not let him fall, and to strengthen him, to give him a sense of home, the kind of home provided for him, instead of him being the provider.

It's sad to think of the long road ahead, before such can happen. It all lies to him, while there's only so much I can do.

The back entrance has led us through the back porch, and inside the house. Right by the stairs, Evan turns to face me, probably curious as to where I'd like to go.

" I'd like to go back to the room please." I tell him and he nods, but he does not move for a second.

"You have something to say." I state.

His eyes are conflicted, his mind is working overtime, and he's not sure if he should say anything.

" Something about you tells me that you're different, you are unlike us, and I speak this with no bad intention, but just curiosity."

"You're not the only one, most who've crossed my path are just like you, curious."

He nods.

How do I explain myself to anyone, I can't.

"No one can feel your wolf or that part of you, yet nothing indicates you being full human. You're a mystery."

" I'm a mystery to myself." I mumble, lost in thought.

"What?" I shake off my thoughts, focusing my eyes on him again.

Looking at him and into his eyes, I can tell that he may be like many with curiosity, but his curiosity has a meaning behind.