Chapter 14

We received a formal invitation the next morning. It seemed Frost wasn't as removed from the to pick up court if he thought. Robin did fellow wanted to meet with us. It was anyone's guess as to why. Oddly enough the invitation had him coming to Lord Frost's home.

" Why is he coming here? Shouldn't we be going to his home?" I asked.

" Robin Goodfellow has a home, but it is not a place he allows people to come to. You can first film like himself to other's homes and make mischief. He's up to something, I'm sure of it."

" We will deal with it,Seáinín, then we must get started on the magic to close the walls."

"Yes, you're right Rory, let's see what he wants before we worry."

The dinner was only hours away and staff were in a rush to prepare. This would have to be a formal dinner, with all the extras. It would not do to insult Robin. The formal dining room was prepared. Dishes gleamed on the oak wood table. White napkins sat waiting next to them. All looked ready when I peeked in.

"Roghnaithe, you must dress!" Morph squeaked.

"I have time, but calm yourself, I will go now Morph," I smiled to him.

" Your crown,Roghnaithe, don't forgive it."

"Yes, Morph."

I exited the dining room and quickly walk to my room. Dolidh was there laying out a gown.

"I will do your hair Roghnaithe."

" Excellent, I was worried to do it myself. Your designs are so much better than mine," I complemented her. Ike huge smile filled her face as she shooed me into the bathroom.

A refreshing shower and I was soon dressing in a golden gown with a frost like veil of lace over it.Dolidh did my hair up in a fancy twist, a few trendils hanging down. She curled these before placing my crown on my head.

"Beautiful Roghnaithe," she claimed.

" Yes, you do excellent work Dolidh."

I admired myself for a moment before rising in leaving my room.

"Good, good, you are ready," Morph fluttered up to me.

"Come, the sitting room is prepared for drinks as we await Robin Goodfellow."

We journeyed down the hall and ring the sitting room. Lord Frost was tearing into the fire a dark amber drink his hand.

"Frost?"

"Ah, Rory come, a drink?"

"Yes, coffee or tea?"

"Is sweet tea ok?"

" Yes." Frost fetched my drink from the sidebar.

"Let's sit and enjoy the fire before Goodfellow arrives." I sat next to Frost and smiled as I felt heat from the flames.

"Ah, Frost! see you are keeping beauties to yourself!" A booming voice interrupted.

" Goodfellow! You're early!" Lord Frost rose shook Robbin's hand.

"I have much to discuss, I drink good man! Have you any Feywine?"

"Of course, I have your favorite, here have a glass."

I watched the two banter back and forth. Frost and Robin seemed friendly. Why was he so worried by this visit? They sat and we discussed the weather, their mutual friends and lastly our " wedding".

"Soul mate,huh? With a blood and a full moon ceremony to tie you both together? Making sure she's not leaving you huh, Frost?"

"Actually, she saved my life Goodfellow. It was her choice from the beginning."

" I'm not insult to you, but congratulating you on your speed at finding someone who complements you so well. We'll need each other more than ever now." His expression became grave as he spoke.

"What is a Goodfellow? I know you haven't came to visit."

"Let's have dinner before we discuss it. Time will come soon enough." Robin seemed to brighten some at the thought the food.

"All right, let's go now." Frost seemed resigned to waiting.

Dinner was a seven course meal. Hors d'oeuvres, a cream of barley soup, poached salmon in sauce with cucumbers, chicken with baked vegetables, lamb and mint peas, a salad and finally peaches in a cream sauce filled us. As the staff cleared away, we retired to the sitting room once again for coffee.

"There Goodfellow, a meal fit for a king!" Frost laughed. A

"Ah, such delicacies. I must visit more often or steal your chef." Robin laughed back, helping himself to coffee.

" Now, what has brought you here?"

Robin look towards me and somehow I knew this was bad.

"The Wicked Unseelie are causing more problems than you know. The King has sent me to deal with them. I heard you two were going to the wall. Since I am meant to go there by order of the King, I thought we could journey together. Plus I have been through some of the Wicked Unseelie camps in my other form. What I saw there made it necessary to find you. They are gathering for something." Robin looked at me as he spoke.

" Me?"

"Yes, I hear they are calling you Roghnaithe. They you at powers and can use magic.Sidhe-seer."

" Yes, that is all true. What does that have to do anything? We already know magic must close the wall."

"Yes at, but the Wicked Unseelie are cloaking themselves in magic. They are trying to hide from my forces. We have an army ready to fight to return them to the prison, but not all can be seen. Your magic will change that."

"So, I must go to war now as well as help the druids close the walls? Will I ever see my home a game?" I asked.

"Robbin's eyes shot toward Frost's. At

" You haven't told her it?"

"I have! I didn't realize she hasn't taken note.Roghnaithe, you will be here in faerie forever, with me."

" I know Frost, but that won't I be able to visit my parents or my home?"

"No, once the walls are closed our worlds will separate. There's no going back."

Tears slid down my face. It was impossible. I had to save the world but could no longer live in it.

"Come, beauty." Robbin's smiled.

"Could you really leave Frost? He is unable to enter the human world. Plus the metals there would follow you, killing this world."

I sniffed, my choice had been made the day I gave half my heart to save Frost. There was no need to cry when I could change nothing.

"You are both right." I looked up, " I could not..." My voice cut off as I stared at Frost. His face was covered in tears.

"Are you OK Frost? I won't leave you!" I grabbed his hands.

"I know the Decider said we would share things, but fae do not cry. Ever. Is this a normal reaction Rory?"

I nodded slowly.

" We will see will we can do so that you made keep in contact with your family. First we need to save them."

I squealed and hugged Frost. It may be only a chance but I'd try anything.

"OK, OK. Now, we must make plans. Frost are your druids gathered? Can we set out tomorrow?"

" yes, all is ready for us to depart. The druids are at the abbey. Are your troops near by?"

" They are and if they are not. A few men are only, just my leaders. The rest will travel by foot to the wall."

" OK."

" Well, I am off to bed. I will see you two in the morning." Robin bade as he left the room.

"Yes, we must go as well Rory. Morning comes soon and we will depart quickly."

" Goodnight Seáinín ." I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

" Goodnight Rory."