Chapter 10

" Have you seen Lord Frost?", I asked a passing servant. She shook her head no.

I wandered through the halls of the giant house that I had been living in. These last two weeks had been so full of learning, not just about magic and history of fae but also about myself.Sidhe-seers was a word that was used to tell what I was. For some reason I was different than most humans, I could use magic even more I could see magic whether it was being used or just simply existed. Yet many things in this strange world were the same as my world. The houses, but clothes, the food even the people were mostly the same. There were some differences or huge ones in the case of the different species or races that lived here. In my world we may speak another language or have lighter or darker skin but at the end we were still human. Everyone here in Frost's world wasn't.

Brownies, fae, elves, and sprites of kinds I had already met. Those of who made up of the Wicked Unseelie were still a mystery to me as well as the ones Frost called The Monstrous. He'd yet let me meet The Monstrous as they were said to be the things of nightmares. I was not any hurry to meet them after he explained that!

Lord Frost had been very kind to me, and unlike the first time he never lost his patience again. A room would sometimes become cold, but never did he freeze himself. I think that I kept things warm for him. Somehow being soul mates changed him.

I didn't really understand a soul mate stuff. I was only 17, yes, I knew about marriage, family and falling in love but how can a person be half of your soul? I did realize that Lord Frost did not get angry as easily when I was there, and when he was near me, I could focus on magic and make spells happen easier. Somehow we seem to complement each other. Was this was soul mates were? Would there ever be more?

My line of thinking was disturbing when I saw Morph in the hallway.

" Morph have you seen Lord Frost?"

" No, Roghnaithe I have not have you tried the sitting room?"

" Not yet,but I will".

I continued down the hallway until I reached the sitting room. It's plain doors with light blue lines were closed, gently I knocked and waited for a reply. None came, so I slowly open the doors, arguing could be heard from nearby. I stepped into the room following the sound of raised voices. Near one of the walls the voices were louder, but I still could not make them out. Suddenly it stopped and what seemed to be a solid wall popped open. Within this space I could just see Lord Frost and something else. As I peered into the gloom trying to figure out what was with him, silver glinted in the darkness and Lord Frost fell to his knees.

I gasped and fell beside him trying to stop him before he hit the floor. A loud noise and a dark mist flowed over us.

" Lord Frost?" I quickly used a light spell that I had been taught. Light filled the small area that we were in. I could see a handle sticking out of Lord Frost's back. It seemed as though some one or something had stabbed him. I quickly felt for heartbeat. Finding one, I use the summoning spell to call Morph to me.

Morph appeared instantly at my side.

" Help me Morph!"

Morph stared in shock of the two of us on the floor.

" Roghnaithe, what has happened?"

" Someone or something was in this room with Lord Frost, I interrupted them and this happened."

" Roghnaithe, is that an iron blade?" Morphs eyes were wide as he asked.

" I think so, how can I tell?"

" An ore spell, Roghnaithe."

Taking a deep breath, I placed my hands near the blade's handle and concentrated. My senses slowly reached out, I can feel metals if I was nearby. A tangy taste filled my mouth, a heaviness settling in my mind. Yes, this was iron.