Chapter 13

"I kinda forgot that part Frost."

Lord Frost laughed,"I don't expect anything more then you are ready to give Rory.I asked you here so that we could have some privacy before we are expected to act as newly weds.The staff will have certain expectations Rory.Do you love me?"

"Yes, of course I do."I blushed as I said the words.

"I love you too, the rest we can handle as it happens.Let's just get to know each other Rory.No rush."Frost smiled and beckoned me towards him.He took my hand and pulled me to the couch.

" Um, Frost?"

" Call me Seáinín when we are alone Rory."

" OK, I will try, Seáinín. You're still covered in blood. Are you going to tell me what happened?"

Frost looked down. I think he forgot that he had blood on him still.

"The wound is healed, to just give me a moment to change." He rose and went to what I presumed was a walk in closet.

Only a few moments passed before he reappeared. Black slacks and a nice blue tunic covered him now. His feet were in black loafers. He was smiling again and as I looked at him I knew I was smiling two.

" There, is this better!" He proclaimed as he sat next to me.

"Now, I don't want to frighten you, but I was meeting with one of The Montrous. They're dangerous. Yet this one has been passing me information for a while. I can't believe he would have done this. He gave me his word that he would not harm me."

Frost shook his head. Clearly this is bothering him.

" it was darkness and mist, I never saw person Frost."

" No,Sobaan wouldn't have wanted you to see him. I suspect black magic. Could you sense anything?"

" N o, I was focused on the dagger, iron poisoning and you, not mist Frost." I said that some sarcasm.

Frost smirked at me.

" I know, I and I can never repay you for what you did Rory," his fingers held my hand stroking gently.

"We will have to check the room and ask Dolidh. Maybe she felt something."

I nodded thinking. "Why was the room dark? Why hidden room?"

"Sobaan is a vampire Rory. It's not a hidden room so much of the space that Sobaan knows has no sunlight. He can survive in it, but he is old. He's still stuck in past traditions."

A vampire? Here in fae?

"Are they always here?"

"Not usually. And mostly remain in the human world and only visit here. With what has been happening in your world they have been driven to seek our help for food."

"Food? You mean blood?"

"Yes, Rory blood. Also, some eat regular food as well. With most of Earth's human population gone, there's no longer food production. They prefer real food not canned things so it's been a real problem for them. We have been helping out the best we can."

"How are they getting blood Frost?"

" We asked the staff and others to donate it. We have been storing it until someone requests it. Don't worry everyone agreed to this Rory. It's really OK, there's nothing to fear."

I nodded. This world and even my own had so many more creatures than I thought was possible.

"Will I be able to meet Sobaan? That's if he comes back."

" Yes, I'm sure he'd love to meet my wife and soul mate." A look of pride filled Frost's face.

A gentle knock interrupted.

" Lord Frost,Roghnaithe, whenever you are ready. The staff is assembled and a few others."

"Excellent Morph, we will belong in a moment."

"Should I change?," I asked looking at my

" No, however you'll need to wear this," he passed me a slim box lying on the coffee table.

I opened it to find the same crown I had worn to me Rozeen. The carefully placed it in my hair.

"Beautiful. Open this as well." Frost passed me a small box. Inside was a gold band. I gasped.

" Will you wear this Rory?"

"I will Frost, Seáinín." I smiled as I slipped it on.

We rose together and left the room holding hands. As we neared the front hall a large group of the staff stood waiting. As we came into view they began to clap and cheer.

Hours of laughing, eating and smiling passed. A great many of the staff congratulated us and were definitely enjoying the party.

" Ah, a beautiful lady has finally stolen the Winter Lord's heart."

I turn to see who had spoken. A tall slim man looked back. Black hair, closed and dark brown eyes stared back.

"Hello, yes that's me," I smiled back.

"Robbin Goodfellow at your service my beauty," he bowed before me with a flourish.

Laughing I bade him to rise.

" A pleasure Master Goodfellow."

" Call me Robin, I believe I will see you quite often." He smiled back, devilment in his eyes.

"We will? How interesting." I was confused by his statement but find no need to question it.

"We will beauty." With this he tipped an imaginary hat to me and walked off.

Watching his retreating back I was startled when cool fingers stroked my ear.

"Who was that Rory?"

"He said his name was Robin Goodfellow."

"What? Goodfellow with here? What did he say?" Frost looked shaken by this news.

"He introduced himself and said he'd seen me often. What's wrong?"

"Goodfellow is it like us Rory. He's the prankster of the gods and emissary of the king."

" The Gods? The King?"

" Yes, I don't know why he's been here. I hope this isn't a bad sign. Everyone usually ignores us."

" Well, let's not let a ruin the celebration,Seáinín. We will figure it out with time."

Frost nodded and guided me back to the party. We had time to find out why Goodfellow had came.

Or so we thought...