Chapter Forty Five: You Love Me?

Song: One Call Away by Charlie Puth

A/N: I got the cover made for my next book that is to be published eventually. Any guesses of what the book could be about? ;) Hint: *cough* spin-off *cough*

*

*

*

I cursed at myself for waking up so late. I had slept in too long, and it was already seven o' clock. I arose from my place in the corner of the room, stretching my tingling limbs which had fallen asleep due to the cramped position I was curled up in.

Memories of last night fell into place as I looked at the scene before me. I couldn't believe what had overcome me, but I did feel better.

Even though I slept in a horrible position on the cold, hard ground, I felt a little more fresh. Sleep truly can work wonders, and I was an absolute wreck yesterday.

I ignored the lingering ache in my bones as I grabbed a coat. I didn't even bother looking at myself in the mirror - it would do me no good.

And the last thing that would be on my mind is looking presentable, because someone of more importance needs my attention - Colton.

I hadn't gotten any calls from the hospital, which eased my nerves slightly. They told me they would call me if something went wrong, but even though I got no calls, I needed to see the proof that he was still breathing myself.

So I wasted no more time and I rushed out of the door as quickly as possible.

* * *

I checked into the bustling hospital and made my way towards Colton's room.  Much to my relief, he was still propped up in his bed, breathing steadily to the beat of the heart monitor. A nurse was tending to him, and when she saw me, she smiled.

"You are looking better." The nurse says. Though, I doubt it. I didn't have any makeup on nor had my hair been properly brushed.

Perhaps she's just trying to be positive.

I pull up a chair next to him once more. "How is he doing?" I ask.

"It is a good sign he survived the night. Though, I will go and get the doctor to discuss the details with you, alright?"

I nod my head.

She leaves the room and I'm left alone with Colton as I wait for what the doctor has to say. It's been rough the last couple days, hell, it's been rough my entire life. I'm just hoping for once that something good comes out of all of this.

A few minutes later, the doctor arrives. He shakes my hand, smiling as he glances at me and then towards Colton.

The doctor is a man perhaps in his late forties, with dark, slicked back hair and kind brown eyes. He's wearing the typical doctor's outfit - black pants, a white coat and a stethoscope strung around his neck.

"I'm doctor Kindley, nice to meet you."

"I'm Addison." I reply back, and I feel intimidated to look him in the eyes too long, so I snap my gaze away.

"How have you been doing?" He asks me.

I shrug. "I don't know, it's been hard."

He nods in understanding. "I can understand why. I've heard about your case through the surgeons and the nurses, and I've been checking up on Colton. I do have some good news, though, which will hopefully make you feel better. It's not much, but it's something."

"Okay." I murmur.

"Well, good news is that he survived the night. His chances of survival have increased by a small percentage. The bad news is that I don't know if he'll wake up. It's just a waiting game at this point, if he is to wake up there's no telling when he would wake up. It could be days or weeks until his body finally decides to awake. He's been through some major trauma and his body needs lots of time to heal right now. I know it's hard, but you're going to have to be patient at this moment." He says.