Chapter One: A Promising Future

Song: Never Close Our Eyes by Adam Lambert

*

*

Owen kisses me passionately and I giggle against his lips. His fluffy blonde hair tickles my forehead as his soft lips teases mine.

The bed is soft and comfortable beneath me, and he hovers over me with adoration in his eyes. His arms are on either side of my head, and he dips his head in peppering kisses along my jaw.

"C'mon, Addy, let's go farther." He begs, his hazel eyes sparkling as he brings one of his hands up to caress my sides.

I bite my lip, debating. Owen and I have been dating since we were fifteen. He had been dared to date the weird, shy girl back in freshmen year of high school, and he always tells me he came out winning.

Now, I'm twenty years old and he's twenty-three.

And I had yet to give myself to him.

I've always wanted to wait, I want to be sure I'm serious with the guy before I go and have sex with him. I want it to be special, I want to feel cherished, loved, desired.

And looking up into the pleading eyes of Owen, I think, why not?

He's waited for so long patiently for me. He's been faithful to me, he's been kind to me, and he's proven himself to me. Besides, we've already planned a future together. I was going to college to perfect my singing skills and learn musical instruments, and when I graduate from college in two years, we'd get married.

I love Owen.

I really do.

And so, with a nervous smile, I agree to let him take my virginity.

"Are you sure?" He asks as he takes his shirt off and cages me in his arms once more.

"Yes." Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, yes.

And so he kisses me gently, and keeps eye contact with me the entire time as he removes my clothes. He smiles sweetly at me, and kisses my forehead once he's done removing my clothes. "Beautiful." He mutters under his breath.

I feel my cheek heat up, I've never been naked in front of anyone else before besides my own mother, which really doesn't really count, and I resist the urge to cover myself up.

My cheeks burn up and my ears turn red even more when Owen goes to remove his pants. He chuckles at my reaction and I watch carefully with wide eyes as he discards the last of his clothing.

In an instant, he's back on me, kissing me gently and passionately. He's slow with me, and considerate as it's my first time. Our lips move in sync, and I quietly moan when his lips travel down my neck.

And then I get lost in the bliss as I lose myself to the man I have grown to love.

We become one, and I have no regrets as I let him enter me. It's a bit uncomfortable at first, but he goes slow. He's gentle, caring, and not selfish as he takes me that night, and I get lost in the passion we share together.

And once we are done, I lay on his bare chest, tracing circles on his skin as he runs his fingers through my straight auburn hair. I stare up into his eyes with adoration, and he kisses me on the forehead and closes his eyes.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too."

And then I drift away into a peaceful sleep, feeling happy I got to give myself to the man I would give the world to.

But as I slept in the warm embrace of my lover, I was unaware that everyone I surrounded myself with would leave me the moment my perfect life became imperfect. Nobody in my life wants a girl who will taint their perfect image.