Rewrite The Stars

(Play song)

Finally, we all made it back to base and everyone was settling down for bed at the base of the mountain, the riders spending what time they had left with the shifter blood to talk with their dragons for the first time. It was sweet, as I watched from the cave opening in the mountain, still in my dragon form.

As I watched, dragon Hiccup landed next to me and watched with me. We stood together in silence before he decided to speak up.

"Why have you been ignoring me today?" He asked. I sighed, as I knew this conversation would happen eventually.

"The others are starting to think something is going on between us. I'm ignoring you to prove I don't feel anything towards you." I flicked my tail slightly, forcing myself to not look at him.

"Don't lie to yourself. So what if something is going on between us...? We could make it work somehow." He retaliated. If I was human, my face would flush.

"It would never work Hiccup. Once this is all over, I'd have to stay here and lead my village and make sure we stay hidden from the world." I looked up at the sky. Our lives were already written in the stars. "You're meant to be with Astrid, not me." As much as it pained me to say it, it was as clear as day.

"Once this is over, Shifters could come out of hiding. You could come live on Berk with the rest of us. You'll be safe." I just shook my head once more.

"I don't wanna take that risk."

Italics-Hiccup
Bold-you
Both-both

You know I want you.
It's not a secret I try to hide.
I know you want me.
So don't keep saying our hands are tied.
You claim it's not in the cards and that fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me.
But you're here in my heart so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny? (He turns to you)

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were meant to be mine. (He goes to the other side of you)
Nothing could keep us apart.
You'd be the one I was meant to find.
It's up to you, and it's up to me.
No one can say what we get to be.
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours... (You look at him)
Tonight...

I shake my head and start to walk out the back way with Hiccup following me.

You think it's easy.
You think I don't want to run to you. (You get out the back way and gesture to the large mountain)
But there are mountains, and there are doors that we can't walk through.
I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls.
But when we go outside, you're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all. (You fly up into the sky, Hiccup following close behind)

No one can rewrite the stars.
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart. (You stop before passing the clouds and gesture to the others down below, then to yourself)
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you, it's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars, say that the world can be ours...
Tonight...

You continue to fly up, and you and Hiccup start to circle each other as you keep flying up.

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you
It feels impossible(it's not impossible)
Is it impossible? Say that it's possible! (You fly through the clouds and break away, beginning to chase each other)
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that you can be mine
Nothing can keep us apart, 'cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours (you both stop and hover in front of each other, almost touching)

You know I want you...
It's not a secret I try to hide...
But I can't have you...
We're bound to break and my hands...
Are tired...

With one final look, I fly back down through the clouds, towards the shore on the other side of the mountain. I shifted and sat down in the soft sand...and started crying.

It wouldn't work no matter how hard we tried. Shifters have to stay in hiding. I don't wanna risk our kind being eradicated...there's still so few of us compared to humans and dragons...

I heard small little footsteps behind me, and turned to see Bella. I smiled and wiped my eyes. "Hey Bella...come here and sit by me." She walked up next to me and shifted, now sitting beside me.

"What's wrong F/N?" She asked. I just shook my head and looked at the cloudy night sky.

"Nothing you need to worry about...did you find anything on your mission?" I asked curiously, "you had something to tell me before I left right?" She froze slightly, seeming to have remembered something bad. I raised an eyebrow. "What did you find...?"

"U-um...y-you won't like it..." she said, seemingly scared. I turned to her more, unready for what she was about to say...

"That isn't your mom."

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER BUT I WANTED TO LEAVE CLIFFHANGERS AND STUFF LEAVE COMMENTS PLEASE IDEAS PM ME THEORIES AND THOUGHTS HAHA HAVE A GOOD DAY