Sky's Dragon Fire(EDITED)

Y/N's POV

     Something shook me awake and made me turn to look at them. I groaned as I was tired from spending all day showing Bella things she would need to know for her mission. I squinted my eyes to see it was Bella waking me up.

     "Bella? Is something wrong?" I asked her.

     "Come outside. It's happening." She whispered.

     I looked over towards the entrance to see green and blue and purple light flooding in. I sat up and grabbed Bella's wrist and pulled her along outside. We both shifted and flew to the ground. I looked at the sky to see what we call, the Sky's Dragon Fire. We call it that because according to myth, there's a dragon in the sky, he never leaves the sky and never goes below the clouds. He protects humans, shifters, and dragons alike. Twice a year he proves his existences by spreading his fire all over the world. It's quite a beautiful fire, and the colors change. Going from green, blue, and purple to orange, red, and yellow. It happened after the battle that took my father. The Sky's Dragon Fire is a sign of hope and good luck. Me and Bella sat down on the ground and watched the sky. There's no doubt the shifters at the village are doing the same except for Mom, who hasn't participated in it since dad was taken. It's a tradition, one that even though I no longer live at the village, I don't wanna break. We got so focused on it we didn't hear someone coming up behind us.

     "What are you two doing here?" We both jumped and turned around staring daggers into whoever it was. It was Hiccup. We didn't shift back. "Well?" He asked again. I just looked up at the sky. Can humans not see it? He looked up too. "I see Aurvandil's Fire but that doesn't explain why you two sneaked out to see it." He protested to us. We, Bella and I still dragons, continued to ignore him and look at the sky. Humans call it something different then. "And why are you ignoring me?" He asked.

     Bella just looked at him then at me. A look in her eye asking if she could tell him. I sighed and shook my head. We shouldn't shift during this. We will wait till it's over. Hiccup, now slightly frustrated, went to the front of us. He looked back at the sky, probably wondering why we weren't shifting to answers his questions. I hope he understands after I tell him when the Sky's Dragon Fire has gone. It usually last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. He looked at once more and, seeing we still weren't paying attention, threw his hands in the air and went to the nearest tree and slumped down it. Guess he's not used to being ignored. Is he important where he comes from? Must be.

     Hiccup waited, and waited, and waited. When the lights went away 2 hours later me and Bella stood and stretched. Hiccup had started to dose off and shot his eyes open when we moved. We shifted human and stood straight.

     "Sorry for ignoring you Hiccup. We aren't allowed to switch back during that time. It's disrespectful." I told him. I looked toward Bella. "Bella, go to the cave and sleep. I think he wants to talk to me." She nodded and went to the cave. I looked at Hiccup who had a confused look on his face.

     "Disrespectful? To what?" He asked.

     "To the Sky dragon. He wants us to watch his fire as dragons and switching is disrespectful and going against his wishes."

     "Sky dragon? His fire? I still don't know anything about your culture so please, tell me what you mean." I was slightly shocked at what he said. His voice was softer. With the shock of how he had asked I told him.

     "Long ago, there was 3 rulers of the world. A shifter, a human, a dragon. Humans had Thor, dragons had the Night Fury, and shifters had Kai. Kai made a mistake one day that caused a great loss to all 3 species. The Night Fury and Thor where furious. With their power they took away Kai's ability to transform to human, which is what he most liked to be, and got stuck as a dragon. Now, he flies the skies all over this world we live in, protecting all under him. He hoped that by doing this, he would have power to shift gifted to him. Twice a year. He sends his breath, his fire, what ever you may call it, all over the lands he protects. Since shifters were the only ones to hold this information, we have since saw the lights as good luck and fortune. Good things will happen when it appears. It's tradition for all shifters to go out of their house and watch it till it's gone. We stay as dragons to show respect because he has been trapped as that." I turned my head to Hiccup, who is trying to absorb this all. "Hiccup how would you feel if you lost the most important thing to you? Like Toothless or your friends?" A small voice in the back of my mind yelled 'How would you feel if you lost me?!'  I froze, for only a moment and luckily Hiccup was looking at the sky. Why did I think that?

     "Like everything had been taken from me. All I've know or lived for, gone. For Kai, I'm guessing it was all gone in a matter or seconds." He answered looking back at me.

     The voice reminded me of something. The things Mom had said. I instantly realized I had given more information to them. My eyes widen slightly, and I pulled my best stone-hardened face.

     "Go back to the cave." I told him. He tried to ask why I said such an abrupt thing. "I said go back to the cave. Stay there!" In a matter of seconds, Hiccup had disappeared into the forest to the back cave entrance. I heard something in my voice when I said that last sentence. My voice sounded different but now it didn't matter. I shifted and flew to the top entrance of the cave and made sure nobody else left the cave this night.

Sorry for short chap it's late and need sleep. Try to post more. Might start new story.

EDITED!