Chapter 8

*R.I.P Nipsey Hussle*
Play the song guys, especially if you've never heard his music. He was a precious soul.❤️

Mason

"Got you a coffee

"Got you a coffee." Abriel let known, while he took a seat beside me. "Get out of your head Mason. This isn't your fault." Glaring up at him through a side glance, I just looked away." Got some of those cheese Danish things you like, here, eat."

     Just shaking my head no at his offers he set them down on the coffee table before us. "Mason. Snap out of it. The problem here is Vindango. You caught your Moby Dick, now let's go find that disgusting little pig. Maybe that could help you sleep at night."

       Nothing would ever help me sleep at night. Clenching my jaw, I swiped the open parts of my suit back as I stood up. I didn't have time for this right now. "Um, Detective Mason?" I'd been sitting in this damn waiting room for 8 hours, somebody was going to tell me something about Klein. Grateful that I didn't have to rain on someone's parade with my snarky attitude I walked up to him, as I nodded my head, Abriel took place at my side.

      "Yeah, we're here about Klein Masthers." Abriel happily took up my failure to use actual words. Raising my brows at the man in scrubs, he nervously continued to speak.

      "He's stable. You can go visit him if you'd like. He is sleeping though, but once the anesthesia wears off he should be awake at any given time. We just urge him to take it slow. He's going to be in here for at the most, two weeks. But it hasn't been set in stone, I'm waiting to hear from the other doctors. So please come," Following after him like lost puppies Abriel and I carried along. But disappearing for a second I grazed my eyes over my shoulder, and Abriel was gone. He'd gone back to grab the food he brought.

      "Haha can't forget these!" Smiling his stupid smile, I smiled back.

        "Yeah, man. I know." I admitted, as the weight of the world seemed to press me into a flat pancake. All I could think about was Dayton. He was the center of a plot to get Klein, and because of my idiotic decisions I killed a good person. I thought the point of me having this job was to protect the good, put away the bad.

      But as I looked at my reflection through the glass windows passing by me, I saw him, my father. Every single time, I was beginning to be just like him. Carelessly making reckless decisions to prove myself as a hero, only destroying myself in the end, by ultimately becoming the villain. Ashamed, I looked at the back of the doctors head, reaching Klein's room, he gave a subtle smile, and motioned for us to open the door to go in. Abriel took no thought of it, he just rushed himself inside.

   As of I, I looked at Klein through the wide glass window. Oxygen running through his nose, cords all over his body, tubes to help him breathe, blood being forced through his fragile veins. He looked pitiful, but it was nothing compared to what he was battling inside. Thanks to me.