Chapter 2

Klein Masthers

   Regret.

    Such an evil emotion, a pestering thought, its as sickening as a cancerous tumor. It consumes you into a black hole of nothing but sadness, and anger.

    Regret.

       Because if I could take away every bad thing, just so that I could change this. I would.

    The smell of chlorine soaked my nostrils, and inflamed my over used lungs. The fast food from some New Mexican place Ronn stopped by, continued to get colder, and colder as I mindlessly glared at it, like it were going to pick it's ass up and fly into my mouth. I wasn't hungry, I couldn't eat, nor sleep, all I could think about was how I was going to get myself the hell out of this.

   Without losing the lives of the very people I cared about. Hell even mine.

    This world taught me to be selfish. To take everything before me and make it my own, damn a person, damn a dog. Whatever it took to get there, is what it took there aren't any in betweens there's no half ass. 

        It's only survival of the fittest.

   Cliche I know, but it is such an old term to describe the shity way people fuck each other over, kill, steal, manipulate, and influence. Romanticizing the ugly truths of what the world is like, and what it's going to continue to be like for generations to come.

     When I jumped off that building, I got shot twice, one bullet through my knee, the other my shoulder blade. It's been almost a week, but it still hurt like hell. Agitated I poked at the burrito, frozen.

        "Vindango probably has about over a hundred men waiting at every corner in every city. That's too risky." Ronn slammed the styrofoam cup onto the table. I remained silent while looking out of the window, there was no point in ransacking our brains we all know how this was going to play out.

      Zeroed in on the absolute view of nothing, I gnawed at my bruised knuckle.

8 years ago.

    "Hey Klein, look!" Hesitant I kept my eyes on the blunt that I was rolling, Ronn was a complete moron when he was high, which is a part of the reason I always cut him short on the passes. It was 7:35 PM, Dayton was still in Basketball practice, and as usual I was stuck on ass watch duty with Ronn. I guess it wasn't that bad, we could both get high, as we waited since both of our little brothers were in there sweating their guts out.

    Sports never were for me. I could play, I just chose not to. They irritated me, because I hated losing, at anything honestly. I find competition in anything which actually surprises me, because it happens unexpectedly, I just think I'm better at everything, okay I don't think, I know. Think you can walk  to the bathroom faster than me? Well bitch I'll trip you, give you a wedgie, pull your underwear over your head, and latch you onto the door handle just so that you can hold it while I take a leak.