Chapter 15: Damaged

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍

I woke up from a sudden dream. My body is sweating like crazy and my breathing isn't even stable. My heart beat is faster unlike before.

"Noona... are you okay?" Jungkook asked as he opened the lamp shade on the bedside table.

His eyes looked at me with so much concern and worry.

"I'm fine... I'm feeling just fine..." I whispered out, but audible for him to hear.

He got closer to me and he gave me a back-hugged me since my back was facing him. He rested his chin on my shoulder and I could feel his hot breath against my skin.

"Noona... I know this isn't the right time, but I have to tell you something." Jungkook said and his tone was clearly serious.

I removed his arms away from me and slowly turned around to face him. I met his cold gaze which I wasn't familiar with.

"I... had a dream about us..." He said and quickly avoided eye contact.

"What about us?" I asked as my shoulders dropped. Is there an us?

"It all started when I became a human... That I get such... petrifying dreams... it always has a bad ending... but this one dream... this one dream seemed so real..."

°°°

Third Person's POV:

Jungkook felt a sharp pain in his heart and soon enough his breathing became shorter by the second. He looked up at Areum and his eyes were now filled with tears again.

Areum frowned when he saw Jungkook with the same expression Jungkook wore when they were at the park. She asked him what was wrong, but Jungkook only smiled.

Jungkook kissed her forehead and his eyes slowly closed.

"Noona promise me you'll be happy..." Jungkook whispered.

"Jungkook what's wrong?"

"Noona.... I'm dying..."

°°°

Areum gasped and her face was filled with shock. It was the same dream she had...

"It keeps on playing when I fall asleep... when I wake up I actually felt the pain..." Jungkook opened up and Areum couldn't control herself as he she quickly wrapped her arms around Jungkook to comfort him.

"Noona... it hurts so much..." Jungkook cried and Areum slowly became emotional too, because of the situation.

Areum's POV:

"I'm sorry I don't know what to do to take your pain away, but I promise that I'll do my best." I said as I held my pinky. Jungkook slowly looked up at me confused. I grabbed his hand and made a pinky swear with his pinky.

I giggled like an idiot while tears were also streaming down from my face.

"I, Areum Park, promise to find a way to make Jungkook happy and to stop his suffering." I said that made Jungkook smile. His smile means everything to me.

But then it slowly faded away.

"I don't think there's a lot of time left noona."