twenty-two

Zhou Yanchen's car

"Are we there yet?" Mingzhu asked, looking out the window.

"It's a 4 hour drive, Mingzhu and we only left 30 minutes ago." Yanchen answered, not facing her.

The air was awkward and both of them felt that. This is the first time they've been alone after their official break up and it has been a month since then.

Mingzhu tapped her fingers on the car door, trying to distract herself.

"Can you stop, it's annoying." Yanchen mutters.

Mingzhu pouts and slump back on her seat, "You used to do that all the time."

"Yeah, when we were in traffic. But now we're going 80 kilometres per hour and I don't think your tapping is gonna make a difference."

"What is your problem? All afternoon you've been scowling at me for no apparent reason. I thought we established a friendship here already?"

"You established that on your own."

"But you agreed. You even shook my hand."

"I agreed for your sake," Yanchen whispers. "You have no idea how much I've wanted you back that night. But of course, you decided. That's what we always do, right? We choose something and whatever you decide, that's what we pick. That's how its been from the start."

"Y-yanchen... I didn't know you felt that way,"

"Of course you wouldn't. You never listened to my side, anyway. But despite all that, I still love you. Everything about you is what I like most in my life and that night you walk away, was probably the worst night of my life."

Mingzhu's head hung low as she fiddled with her fingers.

Yanchen took her silence as a sign to keep talking. So he said the words he always wanted to say, "I'm taking you back, Qin Mingzhu. And Chengxi or whatever his name is, can't stop me."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AT THE RESORT

"You wanna go swimming?" Ruibin asked as Lifen put down Yijun on the crib.

They arrived at the resort, three hours earlier and have settled in their rooms.

Lifen started to tease him, "You just want to see me wear a swimsuit again."

Ruibin started to blush, as he whispers in Lifen's ear, "Okay, let's say that I do. Will you wear it?"

Lifen tickled at his voice. She tried to calm herself down and took her turn, "Only if you wear nothing on top,"

"You just wanna see my abs," Ruibin smirked, circling his arms around Lifen's waist.

"Maybe, maybe not," Lifen grinned, pushing Ruibin away. She walked towards the bathroom, leaving Ruibin in awe.

"Wow, Yijun your mother is pretty intense."

When he was about to walk out, his phone rang. It was Yanchen. Ruibin rolled his eyes and answered it.

"What?"

"Rude much?" Yanchen said from the other line. "I'm at a convenience store with Mingzhu and I was wondering if you guys wanted anything. No one was answering the phone."

"Yeah, could you buy some wipes for Yijun and - hold up! You're with Mingzhu?!"

"Yeah, apparently. Zimo said they wouldn't fit in the car so Changxi drove Kaiyu there." Yanchen explained as Ruibin heard him ruffling.

Ruibin furrowed his eyebrows and heard ruckus outside. He peeked at the window and saw familiar faces, "They just arrived and Changxi looked pretty disappointed."

"Anyway, just wipes? I have to go now. See you later!"