eighteen

"Hey are you free this saturday?" Changxi asked as he met Mingzhu at the cafe again.

"Uhm, I'm sorry, but I'll be out this weekend since my friends and I are planning an outing," Mingzhu answers.

Changxi looked a bit disappointed. It's been 3 weeks ever since the two have known each other and Changxi decided to extend his stay to get to know Mingzhu a little better.

"You can come," Peiyao suddenly blurted out with Yanyu hitting his arm from beside him.

Changxi smiled and looked at Mingzhu, "Can I?"

Mingzhu looked at him again, falling deeper into his gaze. She also thought with Changxi tagging along, they can't leave her and Yanchen alone. Nice.

"Yeah, you should, totally!" Mingzhu exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "Yanyu and Peiyao will be going as well."

"And you get to meet her ex-boyfriend..." Peiyao teased.

Yanyu slap his shoulder, "Will you ever stop talking?"

Changxi raised an eyebrow, "Ex-boyfriend? You mean, Zhou Yanchen? He's coming, too?"

"Well, yeah..." Mingzhu answers, a bit nervously. "He's part of our group so..."

The boy ruffles her hair, "As long as you don't have feelings for him anymore, then I'm contented."

Mingzhu nods, looking at the ring in on her ring finger. It was the last piece of jewelry she had kept, given by Yanchen on their first anniversary. Does she really have no feelings for him anymore?

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Ugh," Zimo scratched his head as he threw his phone on the table. "Jeffrey said we'll be leaving tomorrow. He booked the resort for 4 days and 3 nights."

"What?!" Shuzhen exclaimed, getting her phone, "Wait, wait, I still have an exam tomorrow!"

"Me too, jie!" Yankai adds, pouting. "Guess I can't come after all."

Shuzhen dialed Jeffrey's number and explained the situation. A few minutes later, she ended the call. "Since my exam is in the morning, Jeffrey said we can come in the afternoon. He'll send us the directions."

"How about Yankai's exam?" Zimo asked, looking at the younger.

The younger beamed with excitement, "My exam is in the morning, too!"

"Can we come with you?" Yanyu suddenly asked, overhearing their conversation. "Kaihao still has dance practice in the morning and his car is still a wreck."

Shuzhen nods, "Sure thing, we can just meet up here after everything is done."

"What I'm worried about is Mingzhu," Yanyu opens up. "She still has lessons in the afternoon, until 3pm."

"Doesn't that Changxi guy have a car?" Zimo adds, ignoring the notes he was supposed to be studying on.

"He does, but...."

Shuzhen rested her chin on her hand, "But?"

"Yanchen has the same class with her."