seven

"Zim.." Lifen called out from the kitchen. "Can you take Yijun outside? He needs some fresh air."

"What do I look like a babysitter?" Zimo exclaimed and headed to where Yijun was, "Come on. At least you don't treat me like a maid."

He walked out of the door carrying Yijun and leaving Shuzhen laughing at his actions, "He is such a kid. I'm sorry about him."

Lifen smiled, "That's okay. I'm used to it."

"What did -" Shuzhen was hesitant to ask, but she did so anyway. "What did Ruibin say?"

"I just left the folder," The girl in question shrugs. "I'm going back to my parents in two weeks anyway. I just wanted him to know."

Her bestfriend smiled, "You did the right thing, by being honest with him. Let's just hope he believes it."

"Yeah, if he believes it." Yanchen suddenly appeared in his jammies. "That's a big if, Lifen."

"Well, Yanchen, unlike you, Ruibin confirms something first before doing anything else."

Yanchen gritted his teeth but before he could answer, Lifen interjects, "Hey, no bad mouthing. We're both at fault here, not just Yanchen."

Yanchen sighed and looked at Lifen. They already talked about the incident that happened between them and both we're really guilty.

Shuzhen crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the two, "If Ruibin decides to forgive Lifen, then we only have Mingzhu to worry about."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Is this Yijun?" Ruibin asked looking at Zimo who was standing outside holding Lifen's son.

"Why do you care?" Zimo says, patting the baby's back. "I thought you don't care about Lifen anymore?"

"I never said that, Zimo."

"Really? Because I remembered Lifen telling us that you were the one pushing her away yesterday."

"I-" Ruibin bit his lip before answering. "I was overwhelmed, okay? I haven't seen her in months and now she drops some news that is way too hard to believe."

"So? What do you want to do now?"

"Can I come in? I need to talk to her." Ruibin points at the house and continues talking, "Before you kick me out, may I remind you Zimo that this is not your house?"

Zimo wanted to tell him to go away but he was right. So he nods, "You have a point. This isn't my house and I'm just living with my girlfriend and her brother. So, come in."

He led Ruibin inside and announced from the living room, "Lifen, your ex is here!"

The three who were in the kitchen, walked out. Yanchen and Ruibin faced each other again weeks after the Yanzhu break-up.

"I didn't know he was here," Ruibin said motioning to Zimo.

"Hey, you said you wanted to come in, so you did," Zimo says, still holding Yijun who was already playing with his big hands. "You didn't say you wanted to avoid someone in here."

Yanchen gulped and took a step forward, "Ruibin, man, can we talk?"

"Nope." Ruibin answers and pointed at Lifen, "I came to talk to her."