09 [Four-Petalled Happiness]

"Thank you, brother."

"Thank you so much Prince Lan!"

Lan Xichen stood at the entrance of the castle, waving a hand at the couple who are departing, ready to live a much more simple life.

Lan Xichen had met Wei Wuxian. He was a hyper young man, shameless but respectful at the same time. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's opposition in peronality was too great yet too perfect to match next to each other. But even though Lan Xichen should feel happy, he fell into an even deeper despair.

Was it because his brother really left the castle?

No. It wasn't it.

It was because today is Jin Guangyao's death anniversary.

Lan Xichen dropped his façade when the couple are finally gone. He still smiled, but one that can tell his mood. That one sad smile.

"You want to visit him?"

Lan Xichen glanced at his uncle who had no expression. Lan Xichen forced a smile. Lan Qiren shook his head. He didn't know about the real relationship between the two. All he knows is that Jin Guangyao and Lan Xichen are really close sworn brothers.

"Might as well bring the young men, especially, Prince Jin."

This, Lan Xichen smiled. He immediately bowed at his uncle who only shook his head. Soon enough, three young men came right to him but one of them is especially gloomy.

Lan Xichen can't bear to watch. He immediately asked a guard to drive a carriage for them.

Although the ashes of Jin Guangyao were in the plateau, his memorial stone is near the Jin Kingdom's territory.

It wouldn't be hard to visit without getting caught.. also, no one would like to visit.

Lan Xichen internally sighed, but even with a smile, his eyes were a pair of expressive dark honey orbs. They can express his sadness.

And thus, the ride to the memorial stone is gloomily silent.

Even as the junior prince, Lan Sizhui, kept on muttering a few comforting words to Jin Ling, none can really help the drop in the mood.

They arrived shortly. The youths were not as hyper as they went out. Lan Xichen is the same but he can't help the surprise he was in when he saw Nie Huaisang as well.

Smiling, he lead the younger kids to the stone plate.

"B-Brother?" The feminine man asked a little nervous and unsure, especially at the young men around him.

"Huaisang," Lan Xichen smiled.

Nie Huaisang smiled back. His eyes stopped on Jin Ling, and to Lan Sizhui, and finally, on Lan Jingyi. They stared at each other for a long time before breaking contact. Together, they all offered candles and some prayers.

Lan Xichen can read the atmosphere. They clearly enjoyed their time here. He smiled and excused himself, making an excuse that he will talk to the Jin Kingdom's people but in reality, he left them all after ordering the guard to take them back safely.

He needed to go to where Jin Guangyao really was. He walked. He didn't mind. Actually, he quite enjoyed it. It gave him time to go over his memories with Jin Guangyao again.

But this time, instead of easing the pain, his chest tightened.

He reached the place, stepping on the massive growing peonies. He walked over to the edge and stopped. Unable to help it anymore, a tear fell from his eye.