06 [Seven-Petalled Thought]

Lan Xichen was quiet on their way back, still a little startled from while ago. That.. that just now was a little bit too unsual.

Sure, this land of Elsyium is nothing ordinary, but it was not too extraordinary as to allow magic such as this. It is true that the Lan Kingdom's royal family carry the ability to seal one's lips, but that is just a minor thing.

The thing Jiang Cheng did is not something light.

But perhaps it was just his hallucinations again? But when he looked again, they really were peonies. Jiang Cheng even plucked out one and handed it to him as evidence.

Jiang Cheng laughed without any emotion, "That was an easy thing to do. Prince Lan, don't overthink," he crossed his arms again and looked up the sky as they walked, "Remember, the land of Elysium is full of wonders, tales, legends, and myths. And all of them are true. One just have to accept it."

Lan Xichen sighed and swept his gaze Jiang Cheng, smiling at the gentleman who is too busy looking up the empty sky.

"That, I am aware, but I wonder how Sire Jiang can make something like that possible?"

Jiang Cheng finally looked down, his eyes cold as he replied, "Don't overthink. It just happened, no explanation needed."

In short, don't question it. Lan Xichen caught on to his words and simply smiled in understanding. "But our deal was quite vague. I 'stole', yet I still am granted gifts? Is it not just too unfair?"

Jiang Cheng scoffed, "I told you, take care of it and you get three wishes in return. But since you stole it, I get to ask you a favor after your last wish. After that, I will grant you your last desire, even if you think it's not possible."

Lan Xichen didn't reply, unconsciously enjoying how Jiang Cheng is speaking more and more. He doesn't wish to interrupt and let the usually cold man speak more. He hasn't failed.

Jiang Cheng continued, "As for your first wishes, I have rules to set. Your first wishes must be simple and possible, just like what I granted earlier. No unicorns or any at that matter. Just no, Prince Lan. I will only tolerate simple ones."

Lan Xichen smiled and decided to reply this time since Jiang Cheng must have realized he's speaking too much and suddenly walked faster.

"Do not worry, I have no high wishes at all."

Not anymore.

"Sire Jiang, thank you."

Jiang Cheng glanced at him in question and suddenly looked away. Lan Xichen smiled seeing that the other man's ears are red.

"But I cannot be too selfish. Is there anything Sire Jiang needed in return?"

Still, even in their negotiation, Lan Xichen felt the need to repay him for what he did today. He feels a little overwhelmed by the fact that it seemes impossible, but a part of him is also happy and grateful. Therefore, it might be just right to pay his debt.

However, Jiang Cheng glared at him as if to say 'You're at it again?'

Lan Xichen only smiled, gaining Jiang Cheng's visible annoyance. The gentleman in purple uncrossed his arms and placed them in his back.

"No need, but just make sure you follow the favor I ask you after all of this."

Needless to say, Lan Xichen of course hummed in agreement. "Very well, that will be a promise."

Jiang Cheng didn't say anything else and instead stopped walking. Lan Xichen paused as well, realizing that they're already outside the Lan Kingdom.