Chapter 3: And Your Alpha?

Holden's POV

As we got out of the car, the trio by the stairs started to calm down as we approached them.

Blane on the other hand, started to sniff the air as he was walking and looked around frantically.

He came to an abrupt stop as he had his eyes focused on something ahead of him. Before I could even turn my head to look at what he was looking at, he took off.

My mind took a while to register what had just happened, but apparently, Blane had tackled the, now stunned, girl to the ground.

She probably would've hit her head hard if Blane hadn't used his hands as a type of shield.

"Dude! What the fuck? Get off my sister," the twin looking boy yelled.

"Mine," Blane growled as the boy approached them.

"Yours?" the brother said, laughing humorlessly, "Boy, I couldn't care less if she's yours. You don't just tackle a person, much less my twin,"

So I was right, he was her twin.

"Thomas, calm down. It's okay. I'm okay. There was no harm done," the girl finally spoke up after her shock wore off, trying to calm down her brother who was fuming. It looked as if he was about to tear Blane apart for tackling his sister.

He probably could if he wanted to. I mean, he was the beta of the Crystal Blade Pack. It was obvious he was restraining his wolf for the sake of his sister.

"I'll calm down when he gets off of you."

Reluctantly, Blane got off of his mate and helped her up. The girl stood awkwardly in between them as both boys glared at each other.

"What an interesting turn of events," Brianna spoke up, " but as fun as that was, we should get to know each other."

At some point during Thomas and Blane's exchange, Brianna had moved to the side of the boy who was laughing earlier. He now had an arm around her waist. He towered over her, due to their difference in height.

"As you already know, I'm Brianna, delta of the Crystal Blade Pack," she said. "This boy right here," she said motioning to the boy who had an arm around her, "is Adam. My mate."

The boy gave us a slight nod before he started playing with Brianna's hair and whispering something in her ear I couldn't hear. I saw as her face started to turn red while Adam smiled at her flustered state.

It was hard to believe this was the same girl who I met not three hours ago.

Shaking it off, Brianna continued, "If you didn't catch the name drop, the fuming boy is Thomas. Beta of our pack. And finally, his sister is Winter. Newly mated with, Blane? Am I correct?"

Still not breaking away from the glare, Blane nodded.

"Great. And if I didn't get my information wrong, you're supposed to be the future beta of your pack?"

He gave another nod.

"Yeah okay. There is also Chris, the future delta of his pack. And finally Holden, their future alpha. Got it? Yes, no, maybe?" She scanned us all until she was satisfied that we got it. She then proceeded to look around as if looking for someone. "Where is she?"

No one answered.

"Thomas," she growled, "where is she? She said she would be here."

Thomas sighed and finally stopped glaring at Blane and looked toward Brianna.

"Yes, she said she would be here. But you know how it works with her, she always gets caught up with something. She told me she'd be at dinner for sure , though, but I wouldn't hold her on that," he told her.