Chapter 1: You've Gotta be Kidding Me

Holden's POV

I find myself running. Running but I don't know why. I look around me and see an unfamiliar setting. On top of that, it was dark with only the stars and moon as a source of light.

"Gosh Holden, for a so called alpha, you sure are so slow," a soft yet strong voice says somewhere ahead of me, "But then again, you're not an alpha yet, now are you?"

Whoever it was, must've been the reason to which I'm running.

"Honestly, you're as slow as Thomas," the voice teases seeming to have stopped.

I could tell it was an insult to an extent, but I don't mad. Instead I laugh it off and come to a stop as well. What I was questioning right now was, who was Thomas?

"Please. You did not just compare me to Thomas, now did you?" The words come out of my mouth involuntarily.

"I'm pretty sure I did. But you're right, you're not as slow as Thomas. You're as slow as a turtle, maybe even slower." The voice replies with amusement clearly in her voice. I then start approaching the mysterious girl slowly with her taking a step back every time I take one forward.

"Oh really?"

"Really," she says with only a small gap between us.

I start closing in on her with longer strides once her back is against a tree. I put my hands an both side of her head where she's in the middle and I'm looking down at her.

I can't see her face very well, but the only thing I can make out is her beautiful blue eyes that look as though they contained storms. Though one had a scar on it, it didn't make her eyes any less beautiful. If anything, I thought it made them even more gorgeous.

Suddenly, an annoying sound I know too well starts to ring.

~~~