Prologue

Third Person

It was a perfect Tuesday night to be out.

The stars shone bright in the night sky along with the full moon, giving just the right amount of lighting on the hill. A hill in which a young alpha was waiting.

In the night, a nice breeze was flowing, singing in the alpha's ear. It pushed her white hair back, not liking it covering the alpha's right eye as she liked to keep it.

The alpha stood there with pride. Stood tall with her chin up, looking at the beautiful horizon in front of her. She stood with confidence as if nothing could tear her down.

But though she was confident, she was also keeping her guard up. She was in an unknown land, after all, so she kept her senses on high alert.

Still looking at the horizon, the young alpha heard branches snapping, but she did not turn around. In any other circumstances, she would've, but she could recognize the smell of who was approaching from long ago.

When the smell got strong enough she finally spoke.

"Tell me, Alpha John, why did you summon me?" she asked still not turning back.

Out from the shadows came out an older man. When he heard the girl's voice, he just smiled. He did not mind the disrespect of not looking at him, if anything it pleased him.

"Straight to business, I see. You didn't even say hi this time," he said with a faked hurt.

"I'd prefer to get back to my pack as soon as possible. If you brought me out here to chat, I will be on my way."

With that she finally turned around, but only to walk away. But in doing so, she also revealed the scar over her eye. It was a scar that reminded her of a past she's more than willing to forget.

"Okay, fine. Have it your way."

In response, the alpha turned to look at him, prompting him to continue.

"My son, Holden, he is to become the alpha once he graduates. But I fear he is not ready. He still doesn't take on his responsibilities, nor his role as future alpha. His future beta and delta aren't any better either.

"My mate and I have tried all we could, but nothing we did would work. So now, I'm asking you for help."

"Alpha John, you were one of my parents' best friends and one of my most trusted allies. Those were the only reasons to which I came here in the first place, but why are you asking me?"

"Because, you're pack is the best there is."

The answer she was given annoyed her. For the answer she was given wasn't the answer she wanted.

"No! Why are you asking me? What do you think I could possibly do to help your son and his two friends?" she asked, making the question more clear.

"I do not know. But my instinct told me to ask you for help in this."

This answer wasn't much better, but she let it go.

"All three of them will be starting their senior year, soon. And if I am correct, so will you."

She nodded, giving him confirmation.

"If I were to agree to this, Alpha John, I cannot make you any promises that they will be reincarnated to the perfect alpha, beta, and delta," she warned.

"Yes, of course."

It wasn't long before she made her decision.

It wasn't just the fact that the man was her parents' friend or a trusted ally, something inside her told her to accept. Begged her to accept.

"Very well," she said while walking away, back home, "Have them ready two days from tomorrow. I'll have someone pick them up."

"Thank you, Valerie," she heard behind her.

"Alpha Valerie," she growled, knowing he could still hear her, before disappearing into the darkness.