Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

"Mei, we have to get out of here NOW!" Harumin exclaimed as she ran up and grabbed Mei by the wrist.

"But Yuzu she-"

Hiden cut in as he spoke over his granddaughter, "The Princess will be fine, we will get her back, but we MUST leave NOW."

Mei glanced over to her grandfather, then back to the space that Yuzu was standing just over a minute ago. Soldiers started to appear as Harumin pulled her friend through the portal Gaia had conjured then suddenly....

"Argh!" Everyone grunted as they all landed on top of each other.

"Sorry, I didn't really have time to think of a proper landing." Gaia helped everyone up as she apologized.

"Wow, Princess wasn't kidding, this place is beautiful! Plus, she already has a barrier in place."

Asami looked around the area, it was beautiful with flowers and mountains as far as the eye could see.

"Arghhhhhh!" Sho screamed in pain as Suki pushed one of his bones back in place.

"Father!"

"Sho!" Both Mei and Azula were at his side, Mei grabbed her father's hand as her mother grabbed the other.

After a few minutes Suki was able to reduce Sho's pain. Sho explained how he was taken all those years ago. So many different experiments were conducted on him, he never thought he would see his family again. Everyone filled in the blanks for him regarding the Kingdom and everything else he had missed during his absence.

"I can't believe she traded her life for someone she has never met before." Sho was astonished.

"That's just the type of person she is." Matsuri looked at the group as she spoke.

"Ahhhhhh!" Mei fell to the ground as she felt unbearable pain overcome her body.

"Mei!" Everyone was immediately at her side.

"Quick Suki, do something." Azula pleaded to her friend.

Suki tried her best but nothing was working, she spoke as she reanalyzed Mei's body.

"She doesn't have any visible injuries. I'm also positive she wasn't injured during the fight. I don't-"

Suki stopped speaking as she saw something glowing underneath Mei's clothes on her left shoulder.

"What is that?" Harumin asked as Suki pulled the shirt up to reveal the golden dragon mark.

"I've never seen this mark before may-"

Barlock cut in, "I can't believe it...they've forged a true mate bond!"

All eyes were back on Mei as she screamed in pain again. This was too much for Azula to watch. She looked to Barlock as she asked, "What does that mean? Why is she in pain?"

"It's because of the Princess." Hiden was the next to speak.

He gave a sad expression as he spoke again.

"She is feeling whatever is happening to Princess Yuzu right now."

-Gasp-

Everyone was in shock, they didn't know what they should do. Sho made his way next to his father before he spoke.

"Then, how do we break it, she can't take this much l-"

"No!" Mei yelled in between trying to block out the pain.