≈ s i x t e e n ≈

ITS BEEN T E N WHOLE BIG FLIPPING MONTHS LOL IM SORRY. thank u to the people who nagged me to update HAHA. love y'all. also: hate this book :)) fr tho i'm v sorry, go back and read the last chapter if you need to 

carson's pov

"Just stop already, I get the point." I roll my eyes, laughing, while Brynn continues to tell me a story of how I bugged her as a kid. She snuggles closer into my side, resting her head on my chest, still giggling.

"You were really annoying." Kenzie says, coming into the living room and handing us our cans of coke. "Actually no, you still are."

"I saw that one coming a mile away." I groan, throwing a pillow at her. She catches it and throws it back, settling down on the couch opposite us.

"So, you guys are coming back for Thanksgiving break, right?" she asks. "We should have a big party with drinks and all that jazz."

Brynn laughs. "Are you forgetting you live at home? Thanksgiving break isn't that long anyways. We should have a party for Christmas."

"And technically, you aren't the legal drinking age, so that won't be happening on my watch," I pop open my can and point a commanding finger at Kenzie. She groans and rolls her eyes.

"Don't pretend you didn't drink underage, Mr. Let-Me-Police-My-Sister-Around," she argues back.  "Besides, Brynn's underage too. Of course, you'd let her do whatever she wants."

"Maybe so." I ruffle Brynn's hair playfully, adding, "But then again, I do like her a lot more than I like you."

Brynn looks up at me, her face lighting up with a smile. There's a light blush on her cheeks, one that never goes away when I'm with her. There are times I still can't believe she's mine, and judging by how she reacts when I kiss her, she can't either. I trace a finger down her face, and she blushes deeper.

"Stop looking at each other that way," Kenzie whines, "You're making me feel so single."

At that moment, Johnny enters the apartment. Brynn makes a pointed look at Kenzie, who giggles in her typical fashion. "Hey, Johnny, come over here!" she laughs, patting the couch space beside her. "Let's show Brynn and Carson how they make us feel."

I groan at her attempt to flirt with my best friend. But hey, who am I to judge, when I'm here with her best friend? Johnny doesn't seem to care, obliging immediately to sit next to her. Kenzie wraps her arms around his neck and grins at us triumphantly. "Feel left out yet?"

"Actually, no." Brynn laughs. "We're feeling just fine over here."

Kenzie rolls her eyes. "Well, anyways, let's go back to our party planning. Maybe I can send our parents away to go on vacation and I'll just come here.

"You're planning and hosting a party at my place, really?" I roll my eyes, and Brynn laughs.

"Bro, you're the college kid. Don't you like partying?" she argues back, "Come on, you'll have a lot of fun. Especially now that your girl is here, instead of some slut off in Europe or wherever she is."

"Shots fired." Johnny raises his eyebrows. 

Shrugging it off, I glance at Brynn, whose cheeks have flushed. Her and Meika never got along, and I only understood it now. But hey, it was fun to tease Brynn and make her jealous. "Okay, I guess so. But who are you going to invite? Your friends can't come here."

"That's not a problem!" Kenzie replies gleefully. "All of these college boys will be here, and it'll be the best night of my life."

"Ew," Brynn pretends to gag. "Now who were you calling a slut earlier?"

"SHOTS FIRED!" Johnny repeats, unable to hold back a loud laugh. Kenzie pushes his off, pretending to pout. "Okay, fine, too far," she finally agrees. "But please just consider it."

"Alright, fine."

~~~

"Hey, cutie," I roll down the window as I pull up to the dance complex. Brynn blushes in her adorable way, coming over and opening the car door to get in.

"Hi." She throws her dance bag on the floor of the car and buckles herself. I can see the smile she's trying so hard to hide, and I love that I'm the one who put it there. "Didn't know you were coming to pick me up," she turns to me, raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't know you looked so hot in that outfit," I counter, just to see her reaction. It works like a charm, and her cheeks light up.

"You gotta stop that," Brynn hits me lightly.

Smirking, I rest my arm on her seat, leaning in closer. "Why's that?"

Before she can answer, I cut her off with my lips on hers. As I tilting her head up to angle better, she gasps at first, but melts into it. Our tongues wrestle, and I fight for control of the kiss, as it gets more passionate and heated. Her breaths are quick and ragged as she pulls me closer. I wrap my arm around her waist, attempting to pull her over the center console and onto my lap, but she pulls back.

"Not here," she whispers, catching her breath. "Not in public."

"Come on, babygirl, there's no one around," I try to tempt her, although I know she's right.

Brynn shakes her head, and the blush returns as she realizes what she's done. Letting her hair cover her blush, she straightens her shirt and lowers herself back into her seat. I can't resist leaning in to steal a kiss from her lips one more time. She's so innocent, and I love that I'm the first and only person to be able to undo it. There's so much I've always wanted to do, but for the first time, there are no more limits. She isn't just my little sister's best friend. She's drop dead gorgeous, and she's my girl.

"You liked that, didn't you." I stroke her cheek, tucking her hair behind her ear. As she tries to hide her smile, I tease, "You gotta stop blushing like that."

Seizing the opportunity, she borrows my line with a little smirk. "Why's that?"

"Well, on second thought, don't stop. It's hot." I wink at her. "You know, I've always noticed your blush whenever I was around you. Like that time I took of my shirt, gosh, your face was so pink. It was adorable."

Brynn tries to hide her face, curling up in her seat and laughing. "Well, don't look at me right now."

"Why? Lemme see those cheeks." Reaching over to tickle her, I chuckle as she squeals. 

"You're so cute, B."

"Oh, shut up."

~

~

~

cute bryson content to make up for the delay of updating?

orrrr should i say....the calm before the storm....???