≈ n i n e ≈

a/n: wth i did not realize how long it's been since i updated this sorry eyikers

brynn's pov

"How are there so many people here??" I whisper to my classmate, Sarah, as we peep through the curtains backstage.

"That's what I was wondering. Does that make you nervous?"

I fiddle with the strap on my costume. "No...well, yes...I don't know. I guess it depends on who's here."

My phone buzzes, and I see that it's a text from Annie.

banannie 🍌

hiii i'm here

sweet!! thanks so much for coming 😁

ofc :)

where are you sitting?

with hayden

which is where

with carson XD

Oh. I totally forgot he was coming. Well, that makes me feel a wHoLE lot less nervous, huh.

oh i didn't know he was actually going to come

he says he's offended that you'd think that of him

Oh. I did not expect Annie to tell him that.

ANNIE

hehe

ok so where are you all sitting then

by the right of the stage by the front

Great, so I'll be able to see him when I'm dancing. Real reassuring.

carson says he can't wait to see you

Ok then.

yea...me too....?

I'm so friggin awkward.

good luck !!

yeah thx

~~~

FOCUS, BRYNN, FOCUS. I execute a turn sequence, and come out of it with an aerial. As I stand up out of it, my eyes shoot for the 100th time over to where I can see Carson sitting. He smirks at me as our eyes meet, and my heart picks up speed.

Hey brain, have you ever heard of this thing called not getting distracted? Synonym: focus. F. O. C. U. S. It'd be great if you could use some of it some right now.

Hey, the dance is almost over. Focus for 30 more seconds, would ya?

I come out of a straddle jump with a arabesque kick, and chasé into front aerial that goes to my ending pose.

The crowd cheers as we do our bows, and as my eyes drift over to Carson, he blows a kiss to me.

I've never changed out of my costume into street clothes so quickly afterwards. Annie texts me to tell me where she is, and I quickly come out to say hi.

I see them from afar, and someone sitting next to Carson nudges him and points to me. He stands as I come closer.

"Hey." Carson smirks as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Hi," I say, trying to keep my composure. "Thanks for coming. It means a lot to me."

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" He demands, playfully pinching my cheek. "You were great. You looked beautiful. I mean, you always look beautiful." Carson winks and laughs as I blush.

"Well, aren't you going to introduce me?"

Carson turns around, and I look behind him to see another guy there.

"Oh, Johnny-"

"I fOrGoT aBoUt yOu," the brown haired, emerald eyed, kid laughs. "It's fine."

Carson shoots Johnny a look, but laughs before turning to me. "This is Johnny. One of my really good friends. I got him to buy a ticket too."

"Sweet! Thanks so much for coming."

Johnny grins. "No problem."

"Well, are you hot? We can go get ice cream or something." Carson suggests.

I roll my eyes. "I'm always hot. Can't you tell?"

He winks back. "True."

"But no," I interrupt, trying to ignore his comment. "We always get ice cream. Can we be a little more creative?"

He raises his eyebrows suggestively. "Oh yeah, there are plenty of other things we could do-"

"Carson!!" My eyes widen, and my cheeks heat up as I hit him gently on the arm.

"Hey, I'm not sure if I still wanna be here if you guys are gonna be like this." Johnny interrupts jokingly, and we all laugh awkwardly. "Actually, though, I'm gonna go, and you guys can go do something safe."

"Boring," Carson teases, but stops as I shoot him a glare.

Hayden and Annie, I see, are engaged in a conversation, but they come over briefly to say hi before leaving for "something".

"Those two are really into each other, huh?" Carson nudges me and chuckles as we watch them laughing as they walk away.

"No kidding."

"Okay," Carson says, turning back to me. "I have something we can do. I wrote a song, and I can play it for you back at my apartment. We can pick up something to eat on our way there too, if you'd like."

"Ooh," I raise my eyebrows, "You wrote a song? What's it about?"

We start walking to Carson's car as he explains. "For class i have to write a song about someone."

"Oh," I nod. "That's cool...who did you write it about?"

"You." He says simply, pulling out his keys and unlocking the car. I stare at him, my heart racing, until I finally gather myself together enough to get into the car.

"Did you? That's...nice," I stammer. "What's it about?"

He smirks. "You'll have to see."

~

~

~

~

~

~

~
the tea will be hot next chapter shistas

also why is this so short grr