≈ s i x ≈

brynn's pov

"Brynn, would you show them how that leap goes?"

I blush and back up to demonstrate the switch straddle for the class. Our teacher claps, grinning widely. Some of the class claps too, but some of them just shoot me dirty looks.

"Jenna, if you're feeling so smart, why don't you show me one too?" Ms. Georgia says, pointing at one of the meaner looking girls.

"Sure." She smirks and performs a clean leap before turning back to me and shooting me a smug look.

"Why didn't you do that during the combo, Ms. Venezuela?"

"I did," she shoots back. "Maybe you didn't notice because you were too focused on your new student, Ms. Rumfallo over here."

My mouth opens a little bit, and I turn red. Ms. Georgia shoots her a look, and then goes on with the rest of class.

Class finally ends, and I grab my dance bag and hurry out into the hallway to try and talk to Jenna.

"Jenna-"

She turns around, a don't-talk-to-me look written all over her body language.

"I'm really sorry, I-I don't mean to be a-"

"Save it." she snaps, and walks away. Her friends, Bostyn and Dylynn, follow her, giving me glares.

I bite my lip, fighting the urge to give them a piece of my mind. First week of classes and I'm already having trouble...Sighing, I turn away.

Let's hope the rest of the year isn't like this...

This was my last class for today, and it's pretty late out, so I change into street clothes and pack up my stuff to go back to the dorm. I'm super tired and hungry, so I might stop by somewhere to get something to eat on my way back.

Outside, it's still pretty warm, even though the sun has long since set. Feeling a little nervous about walking by myself on campus, I pull out my phone to look confident and relaxed as I walk.

My heart skips a beat when I check my messages.

kenzie's annoying stepbrother 😘

hey brynny how's your week going ? :)

I take too much time deciding what to say back.

pretty good :) wbu

No, not the smiley face! That's way too cringy. I sigh.

have you eaten dinner yet? we can get something together

Oh my gosh, did he just- no, he didn't, Brynn, get your act together.

i haven't...just got out of class

have you tried jake's diner yet ? it's the best place around here

i haven't!

it'll be worth it

ok haha

if it's not, i'll make it up to you :)

What is that supposed to mean??

where are you right now?

walking back to my dorm on the quad

ok i'll come get you

Um, what?

oh ok

so...do I just wait here?