Hard Times

After picking up Jeonghan from the hospital, the boys headed to the airport.

"I'm so excited to go back home!" Chan mumbled happily from the backseat.

The rest of them grunted and hummed in agreement.

Jeonghan, who was sitting shotgun, turned around to see the backseat, "I know we talked about this yesterday, but I just want to reiterate. If I'm gonna be gone for a few weeks, you guys are going to have to step it up around the house a little. Maybe you guys can take turns cooking breakfast or driving to work; also please don't give Seungcheol-hyung and Jisoo-hyung a hard time, and one more thing. Please please PLEASE no more fights. I do NOT want a repeat of yesterday," he warned, brushing his hair out of his face.

"No fighting, we promise," the boys repeated back to him.

•••

"Sir, you're going to have to put your crutches in the over head compartment," a flight attendant asked as the boys boarded the plane back home.

Chan only groaned in reply, "Jisoos Christ.."

"Chan, be polite," Jeonghan scolded, shooting him a warning look as he plopped into his seat.

"Uh, Yes ma'am, thank you," the maknae said to the attendant, "Seungcheol-hyung, help me," he whined.

For everyone who wanted to know, putting a pair of crutches into an overhead compartment is much easier said than done, and putting a pair of crutches into an overhead compartment TWICE is not any easier. After a frustrating couple of minutes and a lot of dirty looks from other passengers, they got the crutches put away.

Seungcheol plopped down into his seat in between his two boyfriends, "Ok, so we're never performing at the MAMAs again," he groaned, rubbing his forehead.

"Don't you think you're being overdramatic? It's not the MAMAs' fault that this happened," Jeonghan comforted him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, and look on the bright side; if it weren't for the...incident, then we wouldn't have gotten together," Jisoo explained, giving an awkward smile as he put his arm around Seungcheol.

"Exactly!" Jeonghan exclaimed in approval.

The oldest boy sighed, leaning back in his seat, "I guess you guys are right. I'll talk to our managers about performing next year. Also...ooh I love you guys!" He squealed, reaching for Jisoo and Jeonghan's hands. The new-ness of the relationship hadn't worn off yet.

•••

Seungcheol practically kissed the floor when he stepped into the dorms, "Oh, home sweet home, I've missed you so much!"

"I think we all have," Wonwoo replied, throwing himself onto the couch exhaustedly.

The boys dumped their bags on the floor, moaning and groaning as they sat down in the living room.

Seungcheol checked his watch,"Okay, I was thinking..." He began, glancing to his side as Jisoo and Jeonghan sat on either side of him.

"-You were thinking? Woah, he was thinking! That never happens!" Jihoon interrupted, cackling loudly at his own joke.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes at the younger boy, teasingly slapping him on the shoulder, "Oh shut up, dude. Anyway, I was thinking that since Jeonghan is leaving tomorrow, we should really make the most of the rest of the day with him, y'know," he explained, biting his lip.

"That's a good idea, hyung," Soonyoung said, propping his feet up on the coffee table as he sat in the chair opposite the couch.

"So Hannie, what do you want to do?" Seungcheol continued, putting his arm around his boyfriend.

He was quiet for several seconds, glancing around the room in thought, "Why don't we go to the gay bar down the street? Let's get TURNT!!" He yelled eagerly, pumping his fist into the air.

"Well hold on," Jisoo spoke up suddenly, leaning forward in his seat. He scooted closer to Seungcheol, "Are you sure it's a good idea for him to be..drinking..alcohol?" He mumbled into Seungcheol's ear.

Jeonghan's eyes went wide, "Y'know I can hear you!" -He cut in incredulously- "besides, I'm not going to rehab for drinking. It'll be fine," he continued, crossing his arms at his concerned boyfriend.

Seungcheol hesitated before answering, "I know, but..Jeonghan," -he lowered his voice significantly at this point- "you still overdosed on heroin. You've been out of the hospital for 6 hours; I just don't think it's a good idea," he explained gently, putting a sympathetic hand on Jeonghan's thigh.

Jisoo nodded, reaching around Seungcheol to put his hand on Jeonghan's shoulder, "What Cheolie said."

"Fine," Jeonghan sighed, rubbing his forehead, "Let's just...watch a movie," he mumbled, disappointed.

"What do you want to watch, Jeonghan-hyung?" Wonwoo asked, adjusting his glasses.

"My favourite of course," -he replied, smirking. His gloomy mood seemed to disappear quickly- "1988 satirical cult classic, Heathers."

"Okay...Ill go make some popcorn. Shua, would you get the movie set up?" Seungcheol asked, getting up from the couch.

•••

12:27 am

Jeonghan laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. He obviously couldn't fall asleep, since all he could think about was how much he'll miss everyone while he's away. He pulled his blanket up to his chin, hoping to savor a little warmth out of the otherwise freezing room.

"Fuck this," he whispered to himself as he rolled out of bed, opening the door and slinking out into the hallway.
He found himself in front of Seungcheol's bedroom door.

His fingers hovered over the door knob in hesitation for a couple seconds. Though he finally grasped it, turning it slightly as he eased the door open as quietly as he could. He slinked inside, ever-so-carefully shutting the door behind him.

Jeonghan tiptoed toward Seungcheol's bed, which obviously contained a sleeping Seungcheol.

"He looks so cute when he's sleeping," Jeonghan whispered to himself, the corners of his mouth curling into a smile. He gently eased himself into the bed next to his sleeping boyfriend, pulling the covers over himself and wrapping his arm around Seungcheol's waist.

The older stirred out of his slumber, he rolled over to face Jeonghan, "What are you doing?" He whispered groggily, his eyebrows furrowed and only one eye open.

Jeonghan scooted closer to him, giving him a brief kiss before replying, "I couldn't sleep," he whispered back cutely. He wrapped his legs around Seungcheol's, clinging to him like a koala.

The close proximity and body heat made both of them feel all warm and fuzzy.

Seungcheol smirked, brushing Jeonghan's hair out of his face, stroking his cheek. The younger let out a sigh, relaxing into the touch.
The two boys quickly drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other's arms.