Perfect Family

They left the hospital at 1:30 AM; trying to get Chan into the van with his crutches and everything was an acrobatic act on its own. Surprisingly, Chan was being a pretty good sport about his situation.

"It doesn't hurt that bad anymore, only if I put pressure on it," He said from the seat behind the passenger seat where Seungcheol sat.

"Then don't put pressure on it!" Seungcheol fake-scolded, turning around in his passenger seat so he could see Chan, "But seriously, you've got to be extra careful, we can't have you being injured for longer than necessary."

Chan let out a sigh, "I know, hyung, but NO DANCING for A MONTH?!?! I'm gonna be having withdrawal symptoms if I can't dance, AND I can't dance at the MAMA either, this sucks." He pouted, crossing his arms and slumping down in his seat.

"Channie, I'm sorry but things like this happen. Injured idols have to sit out of performances all the time, you're just gonna have to deal with this. " Jeonghan explained from the drivers seat, looking into the rearview mirror so he could see the backseat, "remember to ice your foot when we get home, and eat some fruit. It's good for your immune system."

"You should have some fruit, too," Seungcheol mumbled under his breath, smirking when Jeonghan flashed him an angry look.

•••

Two weeks since Chan's injury.

T- 7 days until the MAMAs

7 days, 8 hours, and 32 minutes until the boys perform at one of the biggest award shows in Korea.

Soonyoung has been working them like horses for the last two weeks, and whenever Seungcheol reminds him to be chill, he says "What? This IS me being chill."

•••

Seungcheol's alarm went off as usual at 7:00, he threw on a tshirt,slinked out of bed and went downstairs.

Once again, he was met with 11 happy boys sitting at the kitchen table, all enjoying their breakfast, all smiles and laughs as they ate their oatmeal and toast. Jeonghan danced around the kitchen, mixing more oatmeal, and making another pot of coffee, he looked so happy. Seungcheol felt a big, stupid grin crawl onto his face as he squinted from the bright, morning sunlight that shone through the window.

He waltzed over to Jeonghan, wrapping his arm around the younger boy's shoulders, just like always. As he pulled away, Seungcheol dragged his hand down Jeonghan's arm and grabbed his hand, giving it a little squeeze before letting go, "Good Morning, Hannie," he whispered in his ear, quickly pecking him on the cheek when they knew no one was watching.

Jeonghan giggled as he leaned up against the counter, "Good morning, Cheolie," he replied, giving the older a sly wink.

Seungcheol poured himself a cup of coffee and picked up a piece of toast as he and Jeonghan started their routine morning conversation, "Did you-"

"You don't have to ask me every morning, Cheolie," Jeonghan cut him off, knowing what he was about to say, "I ate breakfast this morning," he said in a matter-of-fact tone as he sipped his DECAFFEINATED cup of tea, "I've eaten breakfast almost every morning this week," Jeonghan rubbed his tired eyes with his sweater sleeve.

"And I believed you almost every morning this week, but I just want to make sure." The older warned.

Jeonghan simply smiled and nodded.

All of the boys were engrossed in their breakfast conversations and weren't paying attention to the boyfriends. Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan's hand, pulling him around the corner to the next room where no one could see.
The silver-haired boy leaned up against the wall, and Seungcheol took a step closer to him, placing his own hands on his shoulders. Jeonghan wrapped his hands around Seungcheol's hips.

"Hannie, you know how much I appreciate you cooking breakfast for us every morning," He whispered, his lips only a breath away from Jeonghan's. Seungcheol gently kissed him before he continued to speak, "I appreciate how much you take care of us," -he kissed him again- "but I just want to make sure that you're taking care of yourself first." he explained, moving Jeonghan's hair out of his face.

He gulped, tightening his grip on Seungcheol's waist, "Yeah, I am," he whispered, smirking as he rested his own forehead against his.

"Good," Seungcheol whispered back, firmly pressing his lips onto Jeonghan's, leaning his body against his.
He slipped his tongue into Seungcheol's mouth and pressed it against his own. The older boy didn't want to stop this, but he was really worried someone would see. Seungcheol slowly pulled away from the kiss, keeping his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders, "We can't do this, not here and not now."

"What, you don't like an audience?" They heard a voice say from behind them.

The two jumped away from each other, both of them turning around quickly to see who it was.

It was Jisoo, thank god.

"Don't sneak up on us like that, Jisoos Christ!" Seungcheol whisper-yelled at him, rubbing his temples out of distress.

"You called?" Their American friend replied smuggly, his bright eyes were half lidded with tiredness.

"What do you need anyway?" Jeonghan asked, tightening his ponytail.

"I saw what you were doing and was hoping I could join, you're into threesomes, right?" he observed the shocked expression on their faces before continuing, "IM KIDDING! Jeez, tough room; Anyway, I just was-uh...gonna ask Seungcheol what time we need to leave today," He explained, laughing awkwardly at his 'joke'.

Seungcheol sighed loudly, "We're leaving at 8:00, Jisoo; and if I didn't make it clear enough already, this stays between us three!" He called after him as he left the room. 

Jeonghan looked at his boyfriend with wide eyes, "We have got to be more careful, or it might be someone else that walks in on us next time," He gave an awkward smile.

"You got that right, Hannie." He replied as they both walked back into the kitchen; and once again, they were met with 11 happy boys sitting at the kitchen table, all enjoying their breakfast, all smiles and laughs as they ate their oatmeal and toast.

Jeonghan wrapped his arm around Seungcheol's waist, and he put his own around Jeonghan's shoulders. The golden, morning sunlight still shone in from the windows, the happy couple both had big, stupid grins on their faces. Everything was fine, everything was great, everything was perfect. The other boys all looked so content and cheerful. For the first time, they all felt like some kind of big family.

"You did this," Jeonghan whispered.

Seungcheol rested my head on his shoulder, "No, we did this."