Chapter 12 "Weak"

Training my gaze on the Coldwells as they slowly invited themselves in, I noticed how Ethan was glaring at Lauren while his parents were looking at me with their blank expressions. I really had no idea what brought them here, and to think that they came here in full force made me feel like they were onto something here as I doubted they were here just to check up on  me.

The three stopped at the end of my bed, and stood in silence as their gazes flickered between Lauren and me. 

"Mom...Dad...what are you doing here?" Lauren asked, breaking the silence, totally ignoring her fiance which made him shake his head in annoyance.

"We just like to see how Alexandra is doing," Amelia answered, cocking a brow at Lauren, and hearing her statement, I almost rolled my eyes, as if I believed her intention of coming here. I wondered what she was up to, showing her face as if we had reconciled, bringing the two murderers with her, but I was certain that she wasn't here to just check up on me. 

"Oh, I didn't know you two are...friends now?" Lauren hesitated as she turned to look at me, confusion was written in her expression.

We are absolutely not.

"Can't I visit my future daughter-in-law's close employee?" Amelia retorted.

"Well, thanks for sparing your time Mrs. Coldwell...And hello, Mr. Coldwell...Ethan."

Cliff smiled, "It's good to see you recovering Ms. Kensington."

I gave him a faint nod, "Thank you Mr. Coldwell."

"Well, we came here because my wife wants to talk to you about something...as for Ethan and I, we wanted to see how you were doing," Cliff explained.

"Yeah," Ethan affirmed, "and it's a surprise seeing my fiancee here..." he turned to Lauren, with a scowl, "So Lauren, how was your sleep? I bet you had a good one, seeing you here looking fine...like nothing happened."

"Ethan," Cliff called, briefly giving his son a dead stare, before shifting his gaze to Lauren, "Since we're here, Lauren, Ethan...why don't we talk about what's going on between you two...outside," he added suggestively, and I almost objected at what he just said as I felt like having Lauren by my side, not wanting to deal with Amelia Coldwell, alone. Knowing her, I wouldn't be surprised if she would do something to me while they were out, and I couldn't fend for myself in my current condition.

"But, I think we--" Lauren tried to argue, but Amelia had beat her to it.

"Go on Lauren...give Alexandra and I some...privacy."

Lauren turned to look at me reluctantly.

"I'll be fine, Ms. Harrington," I said, knowing Amelia would just insist even if I refused to be left alone. 

She sighed, and nodded her head, "Okay, Alex, I'll be right back," she mumbled, and I gave her a nod. She then turned to the three Coldwells, before striding out of the room, followed by the two men, leaving me and Amelia alone. As soon as Ethan shut the door behind him, I turned to the woman, standing at the end of my bed.

"What could you possibly want Amelia?" I eventually asked, with a tint of irritation in my voice.

"Now you don't call me Mrs. Coldwell anymore...Where's the respect?"

I snorted mockingly, "Seriously? After disrespecting Ms. Harrington in my home, you honestly think I would show some respect for you?" I retorted, annoyed by her unpleasant attitude, causing her to chuckle.

"Whatever you say, dear," she said lightheartedly, making me clench my jaw as I looked at her. This was why I didn't want to deal with the Coldwells right now, because they would just add to my stress.