Chapter 39 "Reunion"

Lauren

It had been hours since Alex came back, and up until now, I was still in disbelief that she was here with me, while feeling joyful and grateful for her return at the same time. After almost three months of going through the pain of losing her, I didn't expect I would see her again, but having her back was the greatest thing I could ever ask for. Although I still felt bad for not being there for her when she needed me the most, I knew I couldn't do anything about it. For now, I just wanted to make up for the lost times, and spend time with her, without worrying too much about the Coldwells and revenge.

As I was currently sitting at the driver's seat, briefly inspecting the area, I then turned to Alex thereafter, and saw her sleeping peacefully in the passenger's seat. Watching her sleeping, I found myself smiling in adoration. It had been a while since I got to look at her like this, and even if she was thinner and paler now than the last time I saw her, with bags and dark circles under her eyes, in my eyes, she was still the most beautiful woman I had ever seen and loved. 

She was just perfect in every way, and there was no one I would ever asked for.

As I continued looking at her adoringly, the memories of us together had slowly crossed my mind, making me smile once again, but it eventually faded when I suddenly remembered the reason why we were out in the early evening, in the first place. 

Sighing, I put a hand on her arm, and gently shook her awake, "Alex, hey..." I mumbled, making her stir and groan briefly, before her eyes slowly fluttered open. Frankly, I hated waking her up as I knew she needed much rest, even I suggested earlier to postpone the plan until tomorrow, but she insisted to go, and I had no choice but to cave in, knowing how she missed her bestfriend.

"Already?" she asked groggily.

"I'm sorry for waking you up love, but we were waiting for almost two hours now, if we don't move, we'll miss our chance," I answered, making her sigh in defeat.

"I'll surely gonna crash at her place tonight," she said, before pulling her jacket's hood over her head, which I eventually did the same. Nodding to each other, we both then stepped out of the car, eventually making me feel somewhat exposed to some prying eyes, probably of some of the reporters who possibly stayed lurking around the area. They were the reason why we waited for almost two hours, for them to clear out, knowing they wouldn't let us through in peace, especially Alex, if we decided to push through inside the property.

After briefly scanning the area, and glancing on both sides, we crossed the street hand in hand and in a fast pace, heading towards the huge metal gate. It wasn't ideal to stay out in the open a moment too long as the reporters were persistent enough to get a scoop, they wouldn't stop at nothing, and I knew Alex wasn't up to dealing with them at the moment, I didn't want to let it. Thankfully, as we were nearing, the familiar guard immediately spotted us, and eventually unlocked the gate as it slid sideward.

"Ms. Lauren," the guard, Miguel, eventually greeted politely as soon as we reached him, briefly roaming his gaze behind us, "...I apologize for the lack of interference from our guards, Miss Jones said to keep it as it usually is, to avoid giving the reporters idea that you're coming," he continued, but when his gaze landed on Alex, his eyes eventually widened in recognition. "Ms. Alex, you're...I didn't know..." he stammered.

"It's good to see you well, Miguel," Alex mumbled sincerely, eventually making him smile, after recovering from shock.

"T-Thank you miss, it's good to see you again," he stuttered, giving Alex a grateful nod, before gesturing for us to proceed inside. Gratefully nodding back at him, we started walking once again towards the entrance, and I admit, I was slowly starting to feel the excitement of seeing Alex and Becca reunited. After going through the same pain as I was, I couldn't imagine what Becca would feel like when she would see Alex again. Even if she knew Alex was alive through the news when I called her earlier, I never told her I was with Alex, so it would definitely be a surprise for her and for the two guys when they saw her.