Chapter 6 "Atrocity"

As I looked at the him sitting alone at the restaurant, pride eventually swelled up inside as I watched his expression. He looked really pissed right now as he kept glancing at the entrance from time to time, probably expecting I would show up...but sadly for him, I had no intention of getting out of my car, and stopped watching him looking miserable. 

Later that evening when Ethan saw me with Lauren at the parking lot, he called me, and unexpectedly asked me to go on a date with him, but I refused him straightaway as I didn't want him to think I was easy to get...until he went to the office the morning after, and cornered me at his fiancee's office. If it wasn't for Lauren who almost caught us in close proximity, there was no way I would agree to him that easily.

As I continued watching Ethan from afar, my lips curled up into a triumphant smile when I noticed he had fetched his phone, bringing it to his ear seconds after he dialed, and in two seconds, my phone had lighted up as I expected.

Smirking, I answered the call.

"Where are you!?" he eventually asked, his voice laced with anger, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh Ethan, I'm so sorry...I can't come tonight, something came up, and--."

He snorted humorlessly, cutting me off,  "Great! You made me wait for almost an hour, just for nothing!...Do you have any intention of letting me know Alexandra? Because if I hadn't called you, I wouldn't have known."

I momentarily bit my lower lip to keep me from chuckling as I thought of how he was acting like my boyfriend. "No, that's not it!...I forgot to call you, I--it slipped off my mind, and I'm really sorry about that," I answered, trying to sound frustrated.

"You know one thing I hate the most Alexandra?...Waiting. I hate how you're making me wait here. I look like a fool!" he hissed under his breath.

I raised an eyebrow at his statement, "Look, I already said sorry, so if you can't accept it, then fine...it's up to you..." I paused, and shook my head, adding to the drama, "I thought you're gonna put up a good chase Ethan, guess I was wrong..."

"What are you trying to say, huh?"

I smiled, "Goodbye Ethan..."

"Wha--Wait-" Before he could say something, I already ended the call, and looked at him as he slammed his phone on the table, causing me to let out the chuckle I had been keeping in. He then chugged his wine as he shook his head in disbelief. Well, who would have thought that pissing him off would cause such delight? For a guy like Ethan, I bet he wasn't used to getting stood up by women, and what I just did was surely a blow to his ego. Now that I had seen how he would react, I might make pissing him off a thing.

After staring at an empty space in front of him, he picked up his phone once again, and called me, but I ignored it, and just stared at my phone, letting it go off unanswered. But as persistent as he was, he didn't stop calling for like a whole minute, and I started to get annoyed by it, thankfully I saw his driver went in, and came up to him, whispering something to him, causing his expression to instantly lighten up. 

Shoving the phone back to his coat's chest pocket, he took his wallet out to pay for his wine, and eventually stood up, walking out of the restaurant with his driver in tow. I trained my gaze on them until they got into the car, before I turned the ignition, and subtly followed them as their car started moving. Whatever it was the driver told him, it must be something interesting that it immediately changed his mood, and I had to find it out no matter what as it could be something I could use to bring him down. I wouldn't let this slip even if what I was on to was dangerous.

For after almost thirty minutes of trailing him, his car slowly pulled up to a stop in front of a small worn-out house. We were now on one of those neighborhoods where bad people usually stayed in hiding, blending with ordinary ones who couldn't afford luxuries.