21

I ran through the woods searching for the car. I heard a whisper of wind that stopped me in my tracks. I turned around and Elijah was there. He reached out for me and I stiffened. "It's okay Sage." He pulled me slowly into a hug. "I know this might have not been the best way to tell you, but I wanted you to see." He whispered. I relaxed and let him embrace me. "I wanted to tell you but I was afraid you wouldn't want to be around me." He said gently. "I will tell you everything you wish to know." I heard Stefan walk up to us. "Uh, is everything alright?" He asked, scratching the back of his head.

I cleared my throat. "Yes." Elijah gave me a small smile and and let go of me. He offered me his hand and I took it. Elijah has been there for me in ways I cannot imagine, he is so amazing that I am going to trust him. He has me questioning everything I knew. How many vampires are there? What are they like? "Let's return to Mystic Falls," Elijah says, "your brother will want to see you, Stefan." I look at Stefan again. So he has a brother too? Does that mean I have a great Uncle?

We walked to the car. When we got there, Elijah went into the trunk and pulled out some clothes for Stefan. As he took the clothes from Elijah, Stefan thanked him and went to the woods to change. Elijah looked at me. "How are you doing so far?" I shrugged. I really didn't know. I sort of felt numb to it all after I had a chance to calm down. Part of me still doesn't believe that Elijah is a vampire. But then again, Elijah seems so different than everyone else I have known. I try to change the subject a little. "How did you know that Stefan is a relative of mine?" Elijah sighed, " I did some research. It seems that Stefan here fathered a child with a Grace Fell. The child was named Thomas." He was abruptly interrupted by Stefan, whom I saw walking towards us. I looked at him and he had a shocked look across his face. "Why didn't Grace tell me she was pregnant?" I knew that answer. "Probably because you were too busy with that other woman." I blurted. "How did you know that?" Stefan asked very slowly and as calm as he could. "I had Grace's Journal." Stefan leaned back and put his face into his hands. "How can this be happening?" He muttered to himself. "Come." Said Elijah motioning towards the car. We all got in and started to leave. He looked up. "His name was Thomas? My...my son?" He stuttered. Elijah nodded, "Yes, Stefan, it was." Stefan had a sad look on his face. "She must have named him after her father, Thomas Fell." He glanced down, "I killed Thomas Fell. I killed him after I killed my own father. He was my second victim." He said softly. I was still absorbing all of this. Suddenly I didn't feel so good. Elijah looked at me from the side and reach his arm over to put his hand in mine. "Let's spare the vampires part for the time being, why don't we?" He said.

And we all sat in silence for the rest of the drive.