Chapter Five- Meeting her for real

I do not own any characters from Vampire Diaries or The Originals. Please vote and comment! Hope you like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sage's POV

I looked up and saw a handsome man with gorgeous short dark brown hair and deep dark brown eyes that seemed to seen more than anyone should. He was tall and wore a long coat; it seems he has on a dark gray suit underneath. He had a chiseled jaw and a dimpled chin, he was so stunning, and I almost forgot to breathe. "Are you okay?" he asked, with a concerned voice. I gasped. "Uh... yeah, I'm fine." I said sheepishly. He smiled, "My name is Elijah, I am new in town, and I saw the bookstore and thought it was impressive, so I stopped by." I closed my book, remembering the page number, and stood up. "I am actually the owner, so thank you for the compliment. My name is Sage." I smiled, hoping that he doesn't think I am just some teenager who doesn't have any manners. "Nice to meet you Sage and you are very welcome." He said, and it seemed almost that I already knew him, even though I have never seen him once in my life. "Would you like to have a seat with me?" I asked not wanting to be rude, but, I also wanted to know more about Elijah. I don't know why, I have never really cared much about dating and boys. But then again, Elijah isn't a boy. "I guess I could, for a little while, I have a meeting to go to later." He explained, "I am in town to find some good land to buy for building." I was a bit surprised; he didn't seem like the business-type, even if he does wear suits, it seems to be what he is comfortable in. He sat down on the couch like a gentleman and smiled up at me. I took my seat next to him, a little nervous about what to say.

I look at him and saw a familiar book. "Where did you get that book?" I asked, politely. He looked down the copy of "Romeo and Juliet", "Oh, this?" he said opening up the book. "It was on the bookshelf over across the room. I believe it is yours." Sure, I thought, there are plenty of books in here and I own them, but this was one that I personally owned. "How do you know?" I asked him, curiously. His cheeks reddened, I didn't see him as the type to be embarrassed. "Well, I sort of already knew your name, I had a list of land-owners for my job and there was a Sage Salvatore on the list, so when you told me your name, I put two and two together. I realized that, the name Salvatore is in this book, too." I took the book as he handed it to me, and I opened it up and saw a name. Emmett Salvatore. I sighed, "This was my grandfather's book, and he gave it to me before he died in 2001, from an animal attack. He was a big fan of the classics. So am I." I set the book down on the table. Elijah gave me a look of sympathy, "I had no idea, and maybe I shouldn't have taken it from the shelf." I looked at him and gave him a small smile. "It's okay, books are meant to be shared. Why don't you borrow it? You are staying in town for a while, right?" He smiled at me, and I handed him back the book. "Well, thank you, I will take good care of it." He promised. I smiled at him, and I was about to ask him if he wanted to come again. Then, his cell phone rang, he dug it out of his pocket and answers it, "Hello?" he stands up, and mouths, "Sorry, I have to go." I frowned, I hoping he would stay a while longer, and by his facial expression, so did he. Then, he left and that was when I realized all I knew was his name, not even his last one. No number or way of contacting him. My heart sank, knowing that I wouldn't see him unless he came to the shop. Elijah. I feel that we could become great friends. I grabbed "To kill a mockingbird" and walked upstairs in silence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah's POV

I met her, for real this time, not when she was unconscious. It was a short meeting, I was still grateful though. She is amazing as she looks. I walked outside and talked into my phone, "What is it, Nicklaus?" My brother had called and brought me back to the reality that I was an Original. "I am going to need you down here sometime soon, Rebekah is fraternizing with the enemy and I don't have a dagger to restrain her." I groaned silently, why must I do Klaus's dirty work?

"Why don't you ask Rebekah why she is 'fraternizing' with Marcel? She might have a valid reason." I hoped to get his mind off of me. "Well, I could, I need to get her full support so I can take over New Orleans, and we built this city, not Marcel!" Klaus stated. "Calm, brother, you don't need to worry about the city just yet, you have a child on the way, and you need to find protection for it. He or She will be a one of a kind!" I said, calmingly. "Maybe, you are right brother; I guess I won't need your services yet." He hung up. I shove the phone into my pocket, and looked inside the bookstore and saw that Sage had left. I ran to the woods where there was no one else around. I punched a tree and my hand went all the way through. Damn it, Klaus! Why must he interrupt everything! I escaped going to him tonight but it is inevitable. When I do have to go, what will happen to Sage? I know she is human, but somehow she seems part of the supernatural. I take a deep breath and walked to my house. I didn't even bother to use vampire speed. I sort of enjoy slow walks in the moonlight. Out of the hundreds of years I lived, the moon never changed.

Sorry Elijah's POV was shorter. It will get better! J Vote and Comment for more!!!