Chapter Nine- Next Day

Thank You for the votes!

I don't own any character from TVD.

Sage's POV

I opened my eyes and yawned. I sat up and looked around. Where was I? Then, I remembered. Oh Crap! I didn't realize I fell asleep talking to Elijah! He must have carried me to his bed. Where was he? As if he read my mind, he came into the room and smiled. "Good Morning, I didn't know you were awake yet." I looked at him. "I can't believe I fell asleep, I'm so sorry, you barely know me and I just fell asleep at your house!" He sat down on the edge of his bed. "It's okay, besides, I think I learned a lot about you last night. But you don't know anything about me." He frowned. "What time is it?" I asked. "Oh, about 9:00 am." I did a double take. "I need to be at the store." I said, getting up. "Relax Sage, just call your staff and tell them you won't be there." I sat back down and realized I was still wearing the dress. "I need to change but my clothes are at home and I can't go through the shop looking like this!" Elijah got up and walked over to his dresser and grabbed a gray long sleeved knit shirt of his and a pair of dark gray sweats. "Sorry, this is probably the only thing I have that would fit you." I nodded gratefully, "Thanks." He walked to the door about to close it behind him.

"I will leave you to some privacy and go to make us something to eat." He shut the door behind him. I changed into the clothes he gave me. They smelled like him, it was a good smell. I left the dress on a hanger on the door. I took a moment for myself. What is going on with me? Sleeping at a man's house I barely knew? I should be a bit scared and going out of my mind. I was a little, but I don't know, I felt safe with Elijah, like I could trust him with my life. I guess I already spilled my heart out to him. He still seems to like me after that whole episode last night. I never even asked him how he felt about his family. I want to know as much as Elijah as I possibly can. I can feel myself falling hard for this man I knew so little about.

I opened the door and walked out to the kitchen and dining area and saw that Elijah had cleaned up from our date last night. It looked as if we never had one. I was just about to look for Elijah when he came into the room with two bowls of cereal. "Sorry, I don't normally eat breakfast, this was all I had." He said apologetically. I took the bowl from him and sat down at the table. He followed my lead and took a seat as well. "That's okay; I am not really a breakfast person either." I took a bite of the cereal, realizing that I was starving. Elijah took a few bites as well, as we ate our breakfast. Neither one of us said a word the whole time. Strangely, it was sort of relaxing, not awkward. When we were finished, Elijah took our bowls to the kitchen. I got up to grab my purse and called my staff and told them I would not be in today.

Elijah came back into the room and smiled at me. "What would you like to do today?" he asked.

I walked over to him. "I don't really know, I can't stop thinking about last night. I must have been strange for you to see me like that, let alone be okay with it. I mean you barely know me!" Elijah nodded, "Then why don't I get to know you more? You can get to know me as well." He walked over to the couch and sat down and I followed. I sat down and got comfortable, since he wasn't as much as a stranger before. Elijah spoke, "I was the third oldest of my siblings, my mother was beautiful woman, she had seven children, one had died illness at a very young age. When that happened, our family moved to a new place. I had four brothers, their names are Finn, Kol, Henrik, and Niklaus. Finn was the second child, then me, Niklaus, Kol, Rebekah, my sister, and then Henrik. Henrik died young from an animal attack." He glanced at me and continued. Over the years, my brothers Finn and Kol had died too. My parents also. Now, it's just Niklaus, Rebekah, and I left. We promised each other that we would stay together, Always and Forever. Niklaus feels like an outsider at times. Our mother had an affair and it leaded to Klaus being born." Elijah stopped, "That is it for now, what about you?"

I can't believe what Elijah has been through. I stared at him and began to talk.

Elijah's POV

I finished telling Sage about my family, from what I could anyway, without telling here what we were or how old we were. I asked her about her family, and after she could speak again, she started to tell me. "I lived in Bronze my whole life and so did my father, he met my mother in college and got married right after. My father was a manager at a nearby factory. His father was a historian and moved him and my late grandmother from their hometown to research the Civil War." She stopped and asked me if she was boring me. "Not at all, I want to learn about you and your family history. She nodded and continued her story. "My grandfather had this... tradition, sort of. I think it went back generations, but our family would write our lives in journals. I have a couple myself, which my grandfather got me before he died. My father didn't like writing and he only has a few journals. My father's name was Grant Salvatore by the way."

As I took all of this in, I thought about what she said about her grandfather moving from their hometown. I looked over to her, curiously and asked, "What was the town your grandfather was from called?" She thought about it for a minute, "I really don't know, but I can tell you it is in Virginia. My family lived there since before the 1800's'." I was surprised but I hid my expression before she noticed. Could it be? This is too much to be a coincidence. Mystic Falls is in Virginia along with the Salvatore's. Even, I had lived there before it was a town. "Interesting..." I thought aloud to myself, forgetting that Sage was there. "What is interesting?" She asked confused. "Oh, nothing, it's just that I have been to Virginia before." I replied quickly, avoiding any more confusion. "You have? Was it nice there?" Sage asked. I grinned, "It was quite lovely, if you know the right place to go."

She smiled at me and checked her phone. "She jumped up. I expected she needed to go home now. So I stood up to her and asked her if she was going to leave. "I really need to go now; I will give you back your clothes when I can." She said this as she grabbed her dress of the door. "Its fine, you can keep them, you look rather comfortable in them." I smiled at her. She blushed, "Well, I guess I will see you around sometime then?" She looked at me hopefully. "I'm sure you will, I still have your book, remember?" She nodded and said goodbye and left. I closed the door behind her and watched her get into her car and drive away. I already miss her. Klaus would call me weak if he saw me right now. I remember his words 500 years ago. "Love is a vampire's greatest weakness and we are not weak, Elijah. We do not feel and we do not care." This memory flashed back into my mind. If she is love, then I do not care if I am weak. If anything, I feel stronger around her, as if she is my reason for living. And I still cannot believe I am falling for this human girl, especially if she really is one of the Salvatores I know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment! Thank you to all who read this story!!!