Chapter 6

I do not own any of the characters from the Vampire Diaries or The Originals.

Please Vote and Comment!! Hope you like it! I also would like to give a special shout out to my friend KWheart for all the advice she has given me! Thanks a lot!

Sage’s POV

            I went into my room and changed into sweats, I decided to read my grandfather’s journals. For some reason, it appears that all of us Salvatore’s had journals and passed them down through the family. I looked through the journals; I had my grandfather’s, Emmett Salvatore’s, journals. He had 13 journals from when he started writing at the age of 14. My own father, Grant, also had journals, only four thick journals.  Then, I found a couple of journals from someone named, Scott Salvatore. I think he was Emmett’s father. Just when I thought I found them all, I saw a very old-looking journal in the bottom of the box. I picked it up carefully, and read the name. It was barely legible due to old age, but I could see that it said, Thomas Salvatore. Wow! If he is Scott’s father, than that would mean he is my great-great grandfather.

Someday, I will have read all of these, I promised to myself. I would start with my father’s journals; I never have before when he died. It just felt weird, like as if he was watching me. I picked up one of my father’s journals. I decided to start from his first journal; he started it when he was 12. That was in 1979; I opened the cover, and read the first page.

 August 13, 1979

My father is making me write in this journal. He says it is a family tradition. I don’t like it, I hate writing. What am I supposed to write about? School? Ha! Maybe if I just write in it like once a month it will make him happy, I see him write in his every week. I think he even has more he already filled!

August 24, 1979

I have to write again. Dad is starting to act strange. He keeps putting strange herbs in our food and coffee. I swear, I saw him whittling a piece of wood yesterday too. Whittling is what people did like a hundred years ago! Why is he doing it now? I have to go now. It is weird telling your journal goodbye!

I close the journal, which was strange, seeing my dad write as a child, but what was even stranger was my grandfather’s behavior. Strange herbs? Whittling? Maybe I will find out why when I read his journal. It was getting late, so I decided to head to bed. I lay down thinking about the journals and Elijah. How could I forget Elijah…?

Elijah’s POV

I got home, after thinking about what Klaus said, Sage, and when I am going to see her next. Her personality seems as beautiful as she looks. I wish I could have stayed longer. I only just met her but I can feel myself starting to fall for her. I also, know there is something about her; I just can’t place my finger on. I can’t stop thinking about her.  I am hoping I will run into her again. Maybe, I will see her tomorrow, is it too early to exchange numbers? I froze for a second. Am I starting to act human? Look at me! A thousand year old vampire, creature of the night, thinking about phone numbers. Ha!  I laid down on the new bed I had bought, and tried to rest. Not that I needed it.

In the morning, I got up early to feed in another town. Yes, I may be noble, but it doesn’t mean I have to feed on animals. I am an original; I need more than just a rabbit or a deer. I cleaned up afterwards and ran to town through the woods. I went to the house and changed into another suit, as I was wearing the one from last night. I was walking out of the house and phone rang again. Klaus. I rolled my eyes and answered the phone. “Hello?” I said into the phone. “Morning brother! If it is morning where you are at. I have decided to take over Marcel’s home. I killed almost all of his vampire friends. He pledged his loyalty to me and now I run New Orleans!” my brother said. “Well, that’s step one I guess, now you have to prove you are worthy to be loyal to. They will obey, but they won’t feel loyal until you can show them.” I explained to my little brother. “Hmm... Interesting brother, it seems that I will follow your advice twice in row. You will have to come see me soon. This kingdom will be great!”  Then, he hung up not even bothering to say bye. I sighed, oh my brother and his crazy plans. I walked to the local grocery store to buy food, so I will seem more human. I can eat food anyway, but it is unnecessary. I grabbed a cart and pushed it through the doors and turned to the bread isle. Crash! Someone ran their cart into mine. Clumsy humans, I thought. Annoyed, I turned to see who it was and to give them a glare. Then, I saw Sage, I felt my heart flutter, if that was possible. I quickly gave her a smile. “Hello, we meet again.”

Thanks! Comment and Vote!!! What do you think happens next?!