33

Elijah POV

————————————————————————————————————————————————

I sighed, "There's a few, such as super strength and speed. But also there's compulsion..."
I touched her necklace and she looked down. "This necklace...my mother crafted it. It is infused with vervain." Sage looked back up to me, "There's that word again, vervain. What does it do?" I slid my hand to the back of her neck and took off the necklace. "Compulsion..for us, is a tool or in some cases a weapon. We can make humans obey us...follow any command." I explained. Sage eyes got wide. "Don't be afraid, love." As I raised the necklace, letting it swing like a pendulum. "Vervain is a powerful tool as well, if you wear it you cant be compelled by your average vampire...your necklace however is special. It stops original vampires from compelling you as well." I opened the clasp and put the necklace around her neck once again. "So my love, you will always have free will, even from me." She caressed the cool metal of her necklace with her thumb and index finger. "You would try to compel me?" She asked curiously. I leaned in towards her and whispered, "Never." I leaned back, "Other vampires might, but I will do my best to never let them even try."

She nodded, assured. "What else?" I looked at her hesitantly as I remembered that first night in the alley. "Well, we can heal with our blood." She looked at me with a skeptical look, "What do you mean?" I sighed and held her hand, "There's something else I need to tell you.. the first night I was in town, I heard a scream. I followed the noise and saw you getting attacked. I saw him.." I started shaking with anger. I compiled myself before continuing. "I saw you fading away...the blood...I ran to you but you were unconscious, so I bit my wrist and gave you my blood. Sage had a look of shock and yet comprehension.

"You were.. the one..who..alley?" She stumbled over her words. I nodded. "I never could figure out what happened or how I was alive, it all makes sense now." She whispered to herself. She looked back up at me, "You saved me..why didn't you say anything? Like it never happened? "She asked crossly. I could hear the tension in her voice. I winced, "I apologize for the prevarication, I just wasn't sure how to tell you or even when to tell you." She shook her head, "It's alright, that was just a scary moment for me."

—————-
Sage POV

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I pondered that thought, if I had not almost died that night I would have never met Elijah. Or Stefan for that matter. Or would have to worry about supernatural creatures killing me. What has my life come to? Elijah reached out and put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright, love?"
I looked up, "Hmmm?" I had gotten lost in my thoughts. I nodded, "I guess so.." He sighed, and looked at me empathetically. I leaned into him, and he wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe. Even more so, finding out he saved my life yet again. I suppose this is my life now...

Elijah and I talked about random things until Stefan returned from his hunt, after his arrival Elijah went out. He kissed my forehead and said he'd be back soon. I blushed like always, and smiled at him. Stefan pretended to be interested in his new boots. I don't think he knows how he feels about having a distant grandchild dating a vampire older than himself. He sat down beside me and asked what I wanted to do. "I don't know, maybe you can tell me more about the family? Or why you don't talk to your brother?" He grimaced, "Damon and I are going through a rough patch. It's a long story. It's mostly about a girl..." I nodded, "I see, didn't you like the same girl or something?" Stefan gave me a tight smile, "Something like that.."

We decided to watch some tv show, we didn't have many option because Elijah only had basic cable, I guess vampires don't watch tv, even though they have plenty of time to binge watch any show on Netflix. I chuckled to myself as Stefan gave me an intrigued look. Which made it even funnier. Elijah returned shortly walked in the door, his trip seem to take longer, probably because he fed on humans. He walked past us and said he was taking a shower and Stefan made a comment, "He must've wrinkled his suit..." I barely held back a laugh as Elijah heard and turned to glare at Stefan. "I think I know where my sense of humor comes from."I mumbled. Forgetting they could both hear me. Stefan chuckled while Elijah shook his head but had a smile appeared for just a second.

After, it was getting late, Stefan stayed on the couch since he didn't have his own space yet. Elijah and I took the bedroom which seems smaller now that we aren't staying at the Mikaelson Estate. I changed to some sweatpants and a tee as did Elijah. I pretty much fell asleep instantly, hoping for a better tomorrow.

___________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the extremely long wait to upload, decided maybe to get this story going again?