Seventy-Eight. (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Yea." I tell him throwing my bag over my shoulder. It was finally time for the engagement party and I was honestly freaking out.

I was excited, nervous and anxious. Just a big ball of messy emotions really.

"Well you look lovely." He compliments making me smile. My dress was light, flowy, and a simple lilac colour. Sam had sent it over to my parents house last week, apparently all the bridesmaids had the same dress but each in a different colour.

I had opted to pin my hair back and had probably gone a tad overboard with my make-up but without I looked like an exhausted mess.

"Thank you." I grin going over and sitting next to him.

"Hard to believe that little Samantha is getting married."

"Definitely." I nod in agreement. "Though she's not so little any more."

"No and neither are you."

"Hmm unfortunately." I lightly laugh.

"You know your mother and I both can't believe how grown up you and Bobby both are. The time definitely flew."

"Don't worry dad no matter how old I get, I"ll always be your little girl." I tell him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I hope so." Dad says quietly. "You know I had an interesting talk with Samantha the other day." From the time my parents had meet Sam, my dad had always and I mean always called her Samantha. It was funny because she hated her full name but somehow my dad was the only one who got away with calling her it.

"You did?" I ask a small frown etching it's way on to my face. "About what?"

"I think you know." Is the reply I get. A small sigh escapes my lips as I lift my head up to meet his gaze.

"She didn't."

"Oh but she did." Dad smiles. Bloody Sam. "My question is why didn't you tell us?"

"I don't know." I shrug slightly.

"You know I always liked that boy." Dad says referring to Calum.

"So did I." I mumble. "What exactly did Sam tell you?"

"She just explained that you let the boy you love go."

"Dad Sam doesn't know the full story."

"What is the full story then?" He questions raising his eyebrows at me.

"It's complicated." I tell him and his face falls before he shakes his head.

"Love isn't complicated Genie, we only make it complicated." Well that was true.

"But dad-"

"No buts. All it comes down to is if you want to be with that person or not."

"I-" I go to say but then stop because I really had no idea what to tell him.

"You should probably get going, otherwise you'll be late." Dad points out and I nod.

"Thank you." I tell him giving him a quick hug. "Tell mum I'll be home later.

"Okay." He replies a small grin on his lips.

Dad's really did know best.

°●

I was thankful that only Sam, Andrew, her parents and his parents were there when I arrived. It made things a whole lot easier for me.

"Genie!!" Sam screams as soon as she sees me and practically knocks me over with her hug.