||34||

Edited: 03/05/24
Reuploaded: 03/05/24

°🥀°

The shock of Kakashi's electricity flowed through the two men for a while. In truth, it was probably only a couple of seconds, however, it felt like a long time as we watched them both stiffen up and try to fight away the shocks in their body.

When the electricity finally died down, the assassins dropped to their knees and fell forward onto their faces. Asuma and Guy grabbed them by their necks.

"They're out cold," Asuma announced. I landed on the ground again and fliched as I felt the slight static feeling rushing up my leg for a few moments. Temari jumped next to me and pulled me into a hug. Confused, I hugged back.

"You ok there, Temari?" I asked her, trying to pry her grip off of me before giving up and just patting her back lightly, waiting until she was ready to let me go again.

"You're an idiot," she mumbled into my shoulder before pulling away so Sakura could heal my arms up.

"I swear all you do is heal me," I joked with her, she was also pretty annoyed. I inhaled deeply before sitting in the swamped dirt.

"Man, I'm exhausted," I sighed. Temari dropped my violin case on my lap and looked at me.

"We're going to get you cleaned and rested," she said, although it sounded more like an order than just simple declaration, I sighed and nodded, allowing her to pull me up. I don't think there is any need to argue nor do I have the energy to.

"See you guys another day," I waved back at the group of nin as I was being dragged away before facing forward and glancing down at myself. I shouldn't have sat down. I'm filthy.

Once we were back at our room, I went and took a long warm shower before changing into my spare clothes and then collapsing onto my sleeping bag.

"Why're you so angry?" I asked Temari as I watched her stomp around the room, not even trying to hide her anger.

"One: those annoying assassins. Two: this annoying ninja that I class as my sister almost got herself killed today," she replied, huffing and sitting opposite me. I swear, if it was possible, steam would be pouring out her ears like when Harry Potter ate that sweet that made him act like a train for a few moments.

"You class me as your sister?" I asked her in awe. She looked away but nodded silently.

We've barely known each other for long and yet she thinks of me as her sister? How flattering. Though, I guess it's something I noticed even while watching and reading the series, relationships seem to develop faster than if we were in the normal world. Guess it's because in this world it's much more likely that tomorrow can be your last, especially as a ninja, so what's stopping you from living today?

I smiled as she stopped.

"You saved my little brother and I'm incredibly grateful for that and you're also awesome and I—I don't know..." she rambled, I chuckled and shook my head at her before standing up and hugging her from behind.

What's stopping me from living today?

"I also class you as my sister," I told her before getting up and going to the kitchen and pouring myself a drink before returning to the room and going to sleep.

°🥀°

The next few days were interesting, I became quite good friends with the rookie 9—I mean 8... and team Guy. Especially Lee, man was he a funny guy, plus sparring with him is fun, we're matched in speed and strength until he gets bored and drops his weights, then it's like I'm fighting the light with a single shadow. AKA an impossible win.

Today me and Temari are leaving, we are at the gates.

"Stay safe, don't get attacked by anymore strange assassins who class you as a Lady, y/n," Lee tells us, we laugh.

"I'm not planning on it," I shrugged. Yeah, that whole situation is still baffling us. Tsunade said she'd continue looking into this whole situation and keep in contact whenever they come across something I should know. Temari and I had decided to keep it low for now until it starts to become more of an issue, meaning, Gaara and Kankuro aren't finding out about this in any scenario.

"See you all!" Temari calls as we finally leave the village, it's a nice place but I prefer Sunagakure. It's homier to me.

"Pennie for your thoughts?" Temari asked, pinging a coin up in the air, I chuckled.

"I was just thinking that I prefer Sunagakure over Konohagakure any day," I told her with a slight smile.

"And why is that?"

"I don't know... I guess Sunagakure feels more homely, like, I feel more at ease there and like I belong there," I shrugged, tapping the handle of my violin case with my index finger.

"You sure that's the only reason?" she asked, watching me through the corner of her eye.

"There are also a group of idiots there that I care about quite a bit," I stuck my tongue out at her, she chuckled.

"I'm sure it's because Gaara's there," she teased, my face heated up quickly and I playfully punched her.

"Stop teasing me, it's not fair," I whined, she stuck her tongue out at me and laughed.

"No can do, future sister-in-law," she ran ahead as my face seemed to burn up like mad. I chased after her.

She feels like the sister I never had.

I wouldn't give this up for the world.