||4||

Edited: 21/11/23
Reuploaded: 21/11/23

°🥀°

Kankuro climbed out of the bandages and started controlling his puppet like I've seen in the manga and show. Next the stomach will open, and all the arms will come flying out to try and catch me.

Just as I thought.

"3.... 2.... 1.... now!" I muttered to myself before I jumped to the side and stretched my hands and grabbed one of the arms, it swung me up and tried to throw me into the stomach. I really wanted to scream but no. I'm going to keep my ass calm. If not to keep myself calm then at least to make me look like I'm unaffected by this ninja insanity.

I guess now's the time that I attempt to do my oc's made up jutsu, huh?

I put my feet on the puppet and smashed my hands together, keeping my index fingers sticking up and closed my eyes before opening and yelling:

"Vine Ensnarement Jutsu!" (a/n (2023): this is one of the new jutsu names, and also one of the areas where the inconsistencies will be strongest for now, this in the original version is also called 'Landscape jutsu: Vine cage' - please let me silently cringe in peace, please and thank you :'))

Nothing happened for a moment, and I found myself disappointed as Kankuro laughed at me, mildly embarrassed too as I listened to the dude laugh. Guess this means all I've got under my belt is my martial arts—er taijutsu now. I was all but defeated when the ground started shaking and dozens of thick, strong vines came flying out of the ground and climbed up the building, engulfing the laughing boy and his puppet in a cage just as I kicked myself off the puppet and used my hand to spin myself around and stand up, facing the cage of vines.

That worked? Wait—that actually worked? Even in this sea of sand?

Awesome...

"Phew—thought it wasn't going to work for a moment there," I sighed before dropping my hands and tapping the cage and watching as the vines crawled back into the ground. Kankuro was on his hands and knees gasping for air.

Oh. Oops?

I don't remember writing that it suffocated the people within the cage. But that's good to know. Noted. I guess coming to a world where I should expect the unexpected, it makes sense that things are a little different to how I thought they were.

"Kankuro! Are you OK?" I frantically asked, helping him up off the ground. He coughed a bit and then nodded.

"Yeah—y-you're pretty strong," he managed to say before excusing himself to go and rest.

Gaara and Temari were both just watching me.

"You might want to pick your jaws up from the floor before the flies get in," I told them, joking as they both just continued to stare. Gaara was, of course, the first to snap out of it. He started walking over to me and grabbed the rim of my shirt, pulling my face closer to his.

I could feel him breathing on me. I don't think I'm too comfortable with that at all.

"I want you to join our village and become a ninja," he says bluntly.

"Eh?"

"You heard me," he frowned, letting go and taking a few steps back, "it's pretty obvious that you either have no home or you've been chased out of your home. You're strong. It'd be a waste of your talents to just let you sit and do nothing or to let you go."

"There's no need--" I tried to refuse as I peeled his hands off my shirt and took a step back. I don't particularly think I want to be a ninja, especially not in a world where tomorrow could quite literally be my last day alive because this world is next level deadly. I mean—assassins could come in my room tonight! All because of my oc. Thinking about her though, I don't really remember all that clearly the backstory I gave her? Guess it's something I'll have to figure out as I go.