Chapter 19: Nothing

"SANS! I HEARD YOU YELLING! IS HANAE FINALLY HOME!" I heard Papyrus yell. I nodded as I put my shoes  back on and headed towards the door.

"Yep. She's back alright."

"OH DEAR, WHAT HAPPENED SANS? DID YOU TWO GET INTO A FIGHT?"

"Something like that."

"SHOULD I GO CHEER HER UP!?" Pap asked and he smiled. I forced a smile on my face and nodded.

"Of course, Pap, that's something you're really good at." I said as I opened the door.

"I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, KNOW JUST HOW TO DO IT! BE SURE TO COME BACK SOON, SANS, I AM MAKING THE HUMAN SPAGHETTI AGAIN TONIGHT!" Pap said as I nodded and headed out.

Sans

I just needed to clear my head. I knew that I hurt her after the looks she gave me. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand watching her die over and over again. Couldn't stand watching her give that Sans mercy over and over again but he just continued to kill her. If she did change the ending then would we have even met? 

Then I yelled at her for even being so stupid. How can you kiss someone in front of me like that? I mean, it's not like I told her my feelings but I'm not that kind of guy. It took that Sans killing her to even be able to tell her. But what do I know? I only saw that one save. Who knew how they talked to each other before that?

"Pull yourself together Sans, don't be a pile of sadness right now. Maybe I should go visit Grillbys and then Tori. She always knows what to say." I said to myself and nodded. I made my way towards the bar. 

"Welcome back old friend, how have you been?" G asked me as soon as I got in and it was suspicious.

"Could be better, why you asking?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Hanae came in earlier and sounded a little sad. Everything ok back home?" He asked as he was cleaning an already spotless cup.

"Uh, yeah? What did she say?" 

"We just talked about what has been happening a lot. She was apologizing a lot. Saying it was her fault that the timeline is the way it is. That Frisk isn't here so nothing was going as it normally did. I didn't understand but when I asked about it? She just smiled and said she was tired of everything."

"Yeah?" I looked over at him. I don't know what the kid was thinking, there's nothing wrong with her being here. Why would she...think...that...

"You never should've reset. Or you know what? I should've let you stay in your little saved world. Keeps you out of mine, killer."

I groaned. I am such an ass hole.

"Sans?"

"Hm? Yeah, what else did she say?"

"Nothing really, she just said she would be on time tomorrow for work then said she was going to go and visit Toriel."

"Thanks Grillby, I appreciate it." I said as I ran out of the bar. Toriel's huh? Wonder what she was doing there.

I go to Tori's house and all she tells me is that Y/N would work on visiting more often. She then tells me that she went to visit Alphy so that's where I went next.

"Knock, knock." I said as I knocked then walked into Alphy's lab.

"Oh? Come in."

"That's not how it goes, Alph, what's up?" I asked as I walked in. I saw her looking at a something at her desk and I walked over.

"Oh? Nothing much, just looking at some X-Rays I had laying around. I was worried about Hanae so I decided to have a look at them. They weren't acting right." She said as she hung up two X-Rays and I immediately blushed and looked away.

Holy hell, her endoskeleton is hot. 

"A-Alphys! You can't just flash pictures like that!" I said as I hid in the hood of my jacket a bit. 

"Wh-What do y-you mean...o-o-oh! Heh, sorry." She said as she covered them back up. Adjusting the glasses on her face, "Sorry Sans, I wasn't thinking. Let's talk about Hanae."

"What about her?"

"You know all humans have determination right? Well, they have much stronger traits as well. Like Hanae's? It's empathy. But she still has some determination as well. Think of it like this. Her soul is 90% Empathy and that remainder 10% is Determination. And it always should be those two numbers."

"But?" I asked.

"But, today I detected three. Empathy, Determination, and something dark. It wasn't evil, it was more sad than anything else. It's like her empathy was dying, but when I said something about her determination? Both her determination and the dark sad side jumped at accelerating rates."

"So? What does this mean?"

"Well, I am a little worried about her. What happened between the two of you?"

"We just had a little fight...I am looking for her, do you know where she went?"

"I saw her heading for the Waterfalls. So maybe check there?"

"Thanks Alph! See you later." I yelled as I ran out of the hotlands and teleported.

I looked around and didn't see Undyne. Sucked, I wanted to ask her about Y/N. I sigh as I walked in and looked around. I didn't feel or see a single soul around. I looked down at an echo flower and gently tapped it. Wanting to see what the last thing it heard was.

"Why do I keep resetting..." 

The flower said back to me and I was taken aback. That was Y/N's voice. She was here. Or might still be here.

"Hanae!" I yelled for her and followed a trail of echo flowers. I knelt besides one and tapped it.

"All it does is cause problems, and Sans?"

Oh no, why did she say my name? Please, Y/N, where are you!

"Sans doesn't want anything to do with me. Maybe I should just piss him off so he kills me."

The flower says back to me and I fall to my knees. No, that's not what I meant. I would never kill her like that. Just cause she makes me mad. I never should've threatened her like that. I shouldn't have said those things or scared her. I tapped more as I saw I was getting closer and closer to a field.

"I love this Sans."

She loves me? B-But if she did why would she kiss that Sans? What sense does that make! None! 

I sigh because that still doesn't give me a reason to talk to her the way I did. It was uncalled for. I tap more flowers as I get closer.

"I love this Sans."

"Killer."

"All I am is a killer."

"Thank you Sans."

"Hanae!" I yelled as I ran towards her. I saw she just stabbed herself. I ran over and brushed against some more flowers and they repeated back the last few things she said.

"I'm so sorry, Sans."

"N-No! You have nothing to be sorry for. Hanae!" I yelled as I picked her up off the ground and held onto her. Oh god, should I pull it out? Is that even a good idea?!

"I love you Sans." 

I heard the Echo Flower say as I cried. Oh god, oh my god, what do I do.

"Hanae! Don't you die!" I yelled at her and then looked down. I heard her wince as she weakly looked up at me.

"I-I-Isn't this wh-what you wan-wanted?" She asked me.