Chapter 8: Chara

Grillby 

I am not sure what had just happened, but I walked out of the kitchen and saw Y/N was in the air being choked. Sans eyes were blue but also red. One was blue. One was red. His red eye looked angry, almost satisfied. I didn't focus too much on him as I tried to get Y/N free from his magical grip. 

"Gr-Grillb-agh!" I heard Y/N say as I saw she was beginning to slowly pass out.

I ran over and picked up her as Sans suddenly dropped her. She hit the ground with a loud THUD but no one seemed to notice. It was...strange. Magical but strange.

"Sans! Get the hell out of my bar!" I yelled and everyone turned their heads towards us. I could hear them whispering. They were confused and wondering what had just happened.

"Huh?" He looked around and was a bit confused. He scanned the room and his eyes landed on Y/N. 

I had to explain everything to him. He looked very freaked out as he slowly backed out of my bar then ran away. I don't know where he was going, but I hope he gets better. In the meantime? I will put Y/N in their room. So I tell one of the older patrons that I'd be right back and he just grunted and nodded.

"Come on Hanae, lets get you to bed. I will wake you up when dinner is ready." I said as I walked into the back then down some stairs. I lived at the bar and had a whole other living area below the bar. It was very light and bright. I had taken her to her room and set her in bed. Turning the light off before heading back up to the bar. Waiting till closing. 

Sans

I don't understand what had just happened. Or, I guess I do. Chara took control of me and hurt Y/N and that's unforgivable. I mean, the kid has done a lot of unforgivable things. Granted, I will never forgive them anyways, but they crossed the line. Using me like some sort of puppet. Using my magic. 

So I decided to go to the Hotlands and seek out Alphys. She was most likely being a weeb in her lab. Since there hasn't been much human activity? She hasn't had much to do. She still looks for an alternative way around the barrier but the project is slowly dying. Anyways, I finally get to the lab and the lights were all off. She was watching some cartoon. Sorry, anime? Something.

"Yo! Alphys. Sorry to interrupt but I have something important to talk to you about." I said as I knocked on the doorframe of her office. She jumped a bit then nodded. Adjusting her glasses. 

"Wh-Wh-What seems to b-be the prob-b-blem?" She stutters out. 

"Well, what can I do if I am unwillingly sharing my soul with someone?" I looked over at her and she looked more than confused. So I sighed and pulled me soul out for her to see. It was perfectly fine since she was like a doctor, a doctor of science, "You see? My soul is blue and there's a tint of red. How do I stop that?" I pointed to my soul and she nodded her head. Adjusting her glasses. 

Nerd mode activate.

I laugh to myself and she looks up at me.

"Well? We can separate the souls though it might hurt a bit. We can separate them then contain the tint. But what, or who, is it? I haven't seen determination like that in a very long time." She says. So I shrugged and shook my head. Lying.

"I don't know. I would like to skip over the formalities and just split from this soul. They hurt my friend earlier." It stung to call her a friend. But that's what she was. Even though she lied to me. Did it hurt because she lied? Maybe. I don't know anymore.

"Sure thing Sans, just lay down  on the table and I'll look at it a bit closer." She said as she led me to another room and I nodded. Following. She leads me to a metal table that I lay down on. Pulling a screen down and scanning my cage. I laugh a bit since it tickled. Alphys was silent before making confused dino noises, "This makes no sense." 

"Hm? What's the matter Alphy?" I say as I sit up and pull my soul back out. I gasp and see what she was seeing. Or maybe, not seeing?

"The tint? It's gone." She said. She scrolled through the pictures she had taken a few seconds ago and puts her hand to her chin. She sighs and shakes her head.

"I don't see it Sans. Maybe we were both seeing things. If not? Where is it? We just saw it." Alphys said as she got up and walked back into her office. Leaving me sitting on the table. I sit there thinking before turning whiter than I already am. 

"H-Hanae..." I realized that the only other person that this Chara seems to know is Y/N. I get up and run for the door, "Th-Thanks Alphy! I will check up on you later! Bye!" I yelled before she could say anything back. Running out of the lap and teleporting around. I wheeze and pant as I finally teleport back in front of Grillbys. Walking inside and seeing a normal bar.

"Welcome back, comedian." I hear from behind me.